Do Not Sell My Personal Information

avensis key fob

toylexus

Hi all/ got a petrol avensis 2004 and noticed recently the car is getting harder to open, have to press button on fob 7 times or more, thought Battery but it locks fine first time and from a distance locks first time. Anyone any ideas, thanks in advance

Had same problem with my fob, closed easily but had trouble opening.

I changed the Battery and problem solved!

Seconded; If open/closing works all the time but closing/opening doesn't, it's usually either local interference or the fob Battery. If it only does this in a certain location it's likely interference, but if it's everywhere then it's the fob Battery.

It's a bit counter-intuitive as you'd expect a low Battery to affect opening AND closing, but for some reason it always seems to affect one more than the other!|

Don't want to create a new topic. 

Guys, on my front left window I have a toyota sticker with some wires (?) in it. Do I actually need that sticker? Is it for remote lock/unlock? Coz I hate it there and would like to remove it. 

The sticker won't play any part in how the remote locking works and can be removed if you wish.