Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Remote Key Question

SAM LOVERS HER TOYOTAS

Hi

As far as i am aware, the Toyota Aygos, from new, come with 1 remote key, and a spare which requires manual opening of doors.

My question is, would there be an issue in programming a second remote key to the system? 

Is there a limit to how many remote keys one can programme to an Aygo?

The reason for my question is, my Aygo only came with 1 remote key, i purchased a used key matching my original key online, i took it down to a professional auto locksmith this week, he confirmed that my online key internals matched my original key, except the transponder chip, which he replaced for me at a cost of 20.00, he then cut the key blade, but when it came to programming the key to lock and unlock the doors, he couldnt get it to programme! So currently i have a key that can manually lock and unlock doors, and also start the vehicle, but id like it to remotely lock and unlock my doors.

Any input would be much appreciated, thank you.

Sammy

The current Aygo comes with one remote and one non remote key. We bought a second remote key when we had our Aygo - and now have two remotes and one non remote, all of which work.

21 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

The current Aygo comes with one remote and one non remote key. We bought a second remote key when we had our Aygo - and now have two remotes and one non remote, all of which work.

Cheers, interesting, so it could be that my online purchased remote key is faulty in some way, or that the locksmith is following an incorrect programming sequence...hmmm.

The programming procedure appears to be this:

Also do search on the c1oc forum for "key programming"  as there's some discussions and tips on it (like it only appears to work with certain versions of the remote)

There are various methods for programming keys, some of which will work for one's particular model, some won't. For example - 

Cheers guys, much appreciated, i look forward to trying Micra2Aygo’s suggestion first.

I’m a bit worried about corrupting the system in some way resulting in neither key operating as it should!

I look forward to hearing how you get on, all my enquiries have come to the same result, £hundreds, and you know nice as it would be, it's just not worth that much!!!

If however it can be done cheaply, I'm very very interested!!!

(Plus the wife has a Berlingo, it has the same remote key, and also only comes with one. Two remote keys for both our cars would be awesome, but not worth the multi hundreds my previous investigations have established)

The second remote key for my Aygo cost just over £100 and they programmed it at no extra cost - normally another £50.

5 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

The second remote key for my Aygo cost just over £100 and they programmed it at no extra cost - normally another £50.

Was that main dealer?

Was that the '16 Aygo?

Was that at purchase?

4 minutes ago, Plob said:

Was that main dealer?

Was that the '16 Aygo?

Was that at purchase?

Yes, it was the main Toyota dealer from whom have bought our last four Toyotas - Inchcape - and it is the 2016 Aygo.

We didn't find out it only came with one remote until we picked up the car, and then we ordered the second remote. Took about a week to arrive at the dealer and for us to return to get the key programmed.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links