Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My First Water Leak

SAM LOVERS HER TOYOTAS

Hi there,

So the Aygos are common for leaks ive learnt, touch wood my boot is as dry as the socks im wearing, for now anyway, and we’ve had nearly non stop rains for the last few days where we are, its been pretty wet. 

However....on opening my passenger door yesterday to let my daughter into our 3 door Aygo, i noticed a stream, horrifying to say the least, it was coming from the dead centre of the door speaker, into the car, onto my rubber mat and pooling at the end, the first thing i thought is thank god that i treated my carpets with a water repellant protector a few days before. 

I had to pop over to Toyota that morning anyway to collect a part, and i mentioned it to the parts guy. He spoke to the pro’s in the workshop. They doubted it was the door seal, and felt that it was most likely coming from a seal behind the door speaker. He recommended that i either fit a new seal OR remove the old one...and stick it back on with some silicone.

Has anybody else experienced this issue may i ask and fixed it?

34CE3B31-7F1F-47E8-970F-BC9503DEB237.jpeg

The foam membrane that protects the door Speakers has been known to soak up water and it leaks through the bottom of the door. One can get denser plastic covers to replace the foam.

Hi Guys...

Okay, so i decided to take my passenger side door panel off today, pic attached, however i dont seem to notice anything in particular, i expected to see some sort of a sign as to where the water was coming from.

So my question is, going via the internals that i see, can it ONLY be that the water is coming from the door speaker foam? In which case i could remove it, and use a thick sheet plastic held on by a good sealant. Do you think it would resolve my issue?

420E7C8B-3FC1-47D9-BAA8-B9926D4D2D77.jpeg

Can you give us a better picture of the speaker hole ( under the new driver Badge ) as i can't see if there is a membrane there 

3 minutes ago, Devon Aygo said:

Can you give us a better picture of the speaker hole ( under the new driver badge ) as i can't see if there is a membrane there 

Cheers Devon Aygo,

apologies, my ipad doesnt have a flash, however there is definitely a membrane present, and it was well intact, i had to peel it back very carefully, in the pic you can just about see it tucked up and back into the speaker hole.

Ok, then the membrane is of the old "foam" type this with age become permeable, there are new membranes available ( in the same material as the larger white one on the door )

Part numbers

RH 67833-0H020

LH 67834-0H020

You will also need some silicone sealant to bond the new membranes on after cleaning off all of the old sealant.

Other possible leak points:

is through the white push clips along the bottom of the door trim that hold the door trim on, all of the lower clips should have a small foam washer on them to stop water passing in through the clip, if not order new clips, part number 90467-W0010

another possibility is the main door seal and the water sits inside the door between the door and the seal then spills over into the foot wells if this is the cause a new door seal ( 62311-0H023 ) drain tapes ( 67270-0H010 x3 / door ) and an additional upper frame seal ( 62381-70010 )is needed.

On 03/01/2018 at 9:20 PM, Devon Aygo said:

Ok, then the membrane is of the old "foam" type this with age become permeable, there are new membranes available ( in the same material as the larger white one on the door )

Part numbers

RH 67833-0H020

LH 67834-0H020

You will also need some silicone sealant to bond the new membranes on after cleaning off all of the old sealant.

Other possible leak points:

is through the white push clips along the bottom of the door trim that hold the door trim on, all of the lower clips should have a small foam washer on them to stop water passing in through the clip, if not order new clips, part number 90467-W0010

another possibility is the main door seal and the water sits inside the door between the door and the seal then spills over into the foot wells if this is the cause a new door seal ( 62311-0H023 ) drain tapes ( 67270-0H010 x3 / door ) and an additional upper frame seal ( 62381-70010 )is needed.

Cheers devon aygo...

spoke to my dealer today. Ordered RH67833-0H020 and LH 67834-0H020 at 3.08ea...and 3 push clips for each door at 1.44ea...

fingers crossed it’ll fix the leak.

By the way....whats the easiest way of removing the old sealant if i may ask? It looks like a tough job!

Morning All,

Quick update...with the door card off for the last few days...and its been raining daily...not a drop inside...i dont understand whats going on...what could be the issue then?

A weird related thing happened with my new Mk2 this morning; Now, it's been raining like heck lately, but the car's been absolutely dry inside.

This morning (Not raining!), I opened the boot to get something out and knocked the stupid cheapass parcel shelf off again (WhyyyyToyotaaaaa!) and all the stuff sitting on it went flying into the rear passenger seats and floor; Opened the rear right door to collect them up and a load of water ran down into the rear passenger foot well!

My car's parked on a slight incline and it looks like water is just sitting on the top rubber seal instead of draining down, so when I opened the door all the water collecting there just fell in!!

• 2 years later...
On 1/5/2018 at 9:35 PM, SAM LOVERS HER TOYOTAS said:

Cheers devon aygo...

spoke to my dealer today. Ordered RH67833-0H020 and LH 67834-0H020 at 3.08ea...and 3 push clips for each door at 1.44ea...

fingers crossed it’ll fix the leak.

Did anyone get any joy with this leak?, If so please email me - Mod edit: we don't recommend posting personal e-mail addresses on an open forum - please re-visit this topic for possible replies.

Thanks all!