Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auris 2010 warning lights

Peter geddes

Hello everyone and sorry in advance for asking some stupid questions but I would like some advice please . I purchase a 2010 auris hybrid in 2015 from a Toyota garage with extend warranty  and have had it serviced there for last two years . I have had car back for recalls but apart from that no issues . Today i started car and several warnings lights stayed on , abs anti skid , hand brake and general info button . Lights went off when I pulled away but came back on so I have parked up . Before I call toyota I would like some tips on dealing with them when they inevitably tell me I’m not covered . I have read you get an extra year / 10000 miles Battery warranty free each year at your service . Car is at 73000 miles and has always been serviced by Toyota with no mention of hybrid Battery problems 

Hi Peter, welcome to TOC :smile:

First, check that it isn't something simple like a blown light bulb.

2nd, if it isn't that get it code read to see what the car thinks is wrong with itself. I don't know how far you are from your dealer but if not far probably best to get it done there.

Is your extended warranty the Toyota GB one or the garage's own (in Ayrshire I would imagine Arnold Clark?)

Toyota dealers should conduct a hybrid health check at each service. Once the car is outside the new car warranty, the hybrid health check provides a one year/10,000 mile extended warranty on the hybrid Battery.

Moved to the Auris club.

depends what the issue is.

Is your original extended warranty expired or still valid & is it the Toyota GB one or the garage's own (the Toyota GB one is almost certainly better than a garage's own).

One way of determining whether the extended warranty is with Toyota GB or the dealer's own warranty, is that the Toyota GB extended warranty will include Toyota Roadside Assistance (breakdown and recovery) for the period of the extended warranty.

Arnold Clark's own extended warranty is called 'Autocare'.

My concern is that they might not have extended my Battery warranty each year which is free . I have had no worry. Over Battery until today and no advisory messages or letters are with my service and mot that was done in may . I know I have to pay I just don’t want to pay for stuff that should be covered under the hybrid Battery warranty 

You don't know at this stage whether the hybrid Battery is at fault or whether it is another component.

With your service documentation, you should have a copy of the hybrid health check written report. This should provide confirmation that the hybrid health check was done.

If you don't have this, then you need to take the matter up with the dealer.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links