Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

TP radio auto-scan

DMTreactor

Hi all,

Apologies in advance if already asked/if an obvious answer - just got an older Aygo (2006) and I bought an FM transmitter for my smartphone to stream music.

It works fine, but something called 'TP Scan' automatically switches it back to the nearest channel (i.e. radio 1, heart etc.) instead of staying on the 'empty' frequency I've set the transmitter to. Does anyone have any idea how to turn this TP function off so the FM stays on the empty frequency matched to my transmitter? I've consulted an Aygo manual and it doesn't really help.

Thanks

Ps: if you can see pics my dashboard is identical to that layout

Screenshot_2018-01-01-17-19-28-1.png

Screenshot_2017-12-31-19-06-12-1.png

Hiya,

You need to press the TA button a few times.

On the display you will get  'TP' then 'TA' then 'nothing'
You want nothing.

TP = Traffic Programme.  Which means only tune into a station that has RDS Traffic Announcments.
TA = Traffic Announcement.  Which like is like TP but you only hear the traffic announcement, the radio is quite at all other times.

Nothing =  The radio will tune into any station.

You tune the radio to the frequency of your FM transmitter thingy, then the radio see's no RDS Traffic Announcement flag so it tries to be helpful and searches (TP Scan) for a station that does.
Hope this helps :smile:

Hi thanks very much! I will give it a shot tomorrow :)

• 3 years later...

Thank you!!!! I’ve been asking myself this for 8 months and I just resigned myself to stupidity 😂 

• 1 year later...

Hello everyone,

should be option "AF" turned off? I am trying with different settings and my radio doesn't collaborate with my transmitter *Xiaomi Roidmi 3s*. I am loosing my hope.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links