Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Headlights "Initial check" Message

Jan_Dejsek

Hello there,

today I failed in the inspection with my Avensis T25 D4D due to xenon level control failure. 

Actually I did not notice that something is wrong before. Does anyone get the same message (enclosed) which goes of after 3 sec?

My headlights do not go down and up after switching on as i see it on the other cars, does Toyota make it other way?

I could not find any explanation in the serice manual nor in the forums.

Thanks!

PS: The height sensors have about 2 kOhm so they should be OK

initial_check_leuchte.jpg

UPDATE

Everyhing is allright... The inspection ingenieur just did not know, that this message is normal and the lights do not go up and down by Avensis.

I did not find any failure and when I lift the heck a little bit, the light level changes (I was alone, when you have someone, he can just sit in into the trunk).

Hope that this helps someone.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jan_Dejsek said:

UPDATE

Everyhing is allright... The inspection ingenieur just did not know, that this message is normal and the lights do not go up and down by Avensis.

I did not find any failure and when I lift the heck a little bit, the light level changes (I was alone, when you have someone, he can just sit in into the trunk).

Hope that this helps someone.

Glad you found the answer and good to know.
I could not answer your original question, having not experienced xenon light operation on you version of Avensis. So the auto level works as normal and the warning lights works as intended - but not like other makes of cars, where the lights move up and down, when switched on, like the tester assumed. There should be a tetsters database of information of house warning lights of different cars work, plus if a cars zenon lights move during check period or not. 
If you have the owner's manual, does it explain the operation? 
Now if the warning lights stayed on after the initial check period, then you would have a cause for concern, just like the ABS system. That's my logic.

1 hour ago, Konrad C said:

Glad you found the answer and good to know.
I could not answer your original question, having not experienced xenon light operation on you version of Avensis. So the auto level works as normal and the warning lights works as intended - but not like other makes of cars, where the lights move up and down, when switched on, like the tester assumed. There should be a tetsters database of information of house warning lights of different cars work, plus if a cars zenon lights move during check period or not. 
If you have the owner's manual, does it explain the operation? 
Now if the warning lights stayed on after the initial check period, then you would have a cause for concern, just like the ABS system. That's my logic.

I checked the user manual and there is no message with "Initial check". But as the wrench is displayed i was not sure whether it is OK. 

I tried to disconnect the beam level ECU and another message appears - such message is in the manual.

I suppose, that if any message/light goes off after few seconds, there is nothing to worry about :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links