Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Touch 2 freezing then rebooting

Slasher_uk

Over the past few weeks my touch 2 has suffered a freeze then reboot, is this a common problem and if so is it a warranty job?

many thanks.

What version software is the nav running?

It doesn’t have nav fitted it’s just the touch 2

even without nav it still has a software version. Devon Aygo can tell from that whether an update is available.

Ok guys my software version is 01011F,

hope this helps you help me lol.

23 hours ago, Slasher_uk said:

Ok it looks like there may be a bulletin, could you PM me your chassis number so i can double check?

On 07/01/2018 at 7:31 PM, Slasher_uk said:

OK with your VIN I can see your head unit is included within the affected models and as your car was built before the bulletin was launched you most likely have the pre-countermeasure software installed, the bulletin reference is:

BE-0003T-0116

Subject: Toyota Touch2 : Software update including major bug fixes and patch for "00000000" software version

Models: AURIS; AVENSIS; HIGHLANDER; LAND CRUISER; RAV4; VERSO

Model codes: ADE186; NDE180; NRE180; ZRE185; ZWE186; ADT270; ADT271; ZRT270; ZRT271; ZRT272; ASU50; GSU55; GDJ150; GRJ150; KDJ150; KDJ155; TRJ150; ALA40; ALA41; ALA49; ZSA42; ZSA44; AUR20; AUR21; WAR20; ZGR20; ZGR21

DESCRIPTION OF PHENOMENON Some customers may experience and report one or multiple of the following phenomena:

COMMON PHENOMENA:

- Display Audio software version is zeroed (Software version "00000000" is shown)

- Reboot (Display Audio-unit restarts by itself)

- Frozen or inoperative screen by button, touch panel operation

- USB unrecognized

- Phone book not transferred through bluetooth (Contact list is empty)

- Cannot make stored contact registration manually on the screen

- Surround setting menu appears despite an external audio amplifier without surround function connected

- On phonebook alphabet search is not working

- On phonebook Last name and First name is in reversed order

- iPhone6/6+ unrecognized and uncharged

- Suddenly “call ended” message is displayed on the screen, whilst talking at the phone

- bluetooth cannot be used (bluetooth icon is disabled).

- Clearance sonar warning screen is momentarily shown when IG OFF-> ON performed.

- Software fix for “Screen goes to clearance sonar screen after user changed clearance sonar setting.

- Bluetooth address information shows wrong strings when Windows 8.1 phone connected.

- USB audio screen overlays to Reverse Camera screen when vehicle shift gear set to “Reverse” shortly after ACC OFF->ON.

ADDITIONAL SPECIFIC PHENOMENA:

• AURIS : Bluetooth index search jumps to wrong location

• LC150 : Reboot while Bluetooth auto reconnecting after Bluetooth link loss

• LC150 : Audio receiver suddenly reloading during phone call via Bluetooth with Front parking sensors activated

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply, I have the iPhone 6 problem as well. Could you advise what action I need to take to rectify the problem.

again thank you

Assuming your car has less than 100,000 miles and was first registered in the UK then you have a warranty, contact your preferred dealer give them the issues, refer them to the bulletin number above and arrange an appointment, it should take no more than an hour.

• Like 1

Do you know if there is a way to update the unit myself assuming it is just a flash of the firmware

No access to the software is via Toyota's Tech Doc 3 data system and is locked to the VIN of the car, a dealer only job i'm afraid.

• 5 months later...

In case anyone is looking for answer for the above - had the same issue and managed to fix it myself, no need to involve dealers.

Here's how:

- Go to https://www.toyota-tech.eu/CAL/VINDecode.aspx (registration required)

- Enter your VIN, then enter the BE-0003T-0116 under the bulletin ID - download the file

- Unzip the file, find the file corresponding to your unit in the "00000000 RECOVERY USB" folder and throw it on the USB stick FAT32 formatted (do not include folders)

- Insert into your car USB BEFORE switching it on, start the engine and unit will ask if you want to run software update - follow on screen instructions. 

- when all done the unit will stay in a REPAIR mode (will work normally though). Shut down and go replace the firmware file on the USB...

- repeat the update procedure except this time use the file corresponding to your unit from the "RC2 USB" folder, follow on screen instructions until done

- Done. Half hour job and issue fixed

NOTE: do this at your own risk. 

On 7/8/2018 at 7:41 PM, majnus said:

In case anyone is looking for answer for the above - had the same issue and managed to fix it myself, no need to involve dealers.

Here's how:

- Go to https://www.toyota-tech.eu/CAL/VINDecode.aspx (registration required)

- Enter your VIN, then enter the BE-0003T-0116 under the bulletin ID - download the file

- Unzip the file, find the file corresponding to your unit in the "00000000 RECOVERY USB" folder and throw it on the USB stick FAT32 formatted (do not include folders)

- Insert into your car USB BEFORE switching it on, start the engine and unit will ask if you want to run software update - follow on screen instructions. 

- when all done the unit will stay in a REPAIR mode (will work normally though). Shut down and go replace the firmware file on the USB...

- repeat the update procedure except this time use the file corresponding to your unit from the "RC2 USB" folder, follow on screen instructions until done

- Done. Half hour job and issue fixed

NOTE: do this at your own risk. 

Thank you, this seems to work except I didn't need to do the RC2 USB bit as it said downgrading not allowed. iPhone is working fine now and it does not say its in repair mode so all seems fine.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

hello, i have software version 010184 on my Auris, question is, can I update it with this Update? 

IMG_1015.thumb.jpg.09397cb6f05cf349d185883ebc3799bb.jpg

files are downloaded, but I dont see the "00000000 RECOVERY USB" folder. 53924572_ScreenShot2018-07-27at02_32_16.thumb.png.b15fc8f69fc16553db2f7b9112aaa838.png

thanks for helping 😉

On 7/27/2018 at 9:33 AM, Mikike said:

hello, i have software version 010184 on my Auris, question is, can I update it with this Update? 

files are downloaded, but I dont see the "00000000 RECOVERY USB" folder. 

thanks for helping 😉

Hi,

These are NOT upgrade files, they're fixes for faulty software on some units. The 00000000 file is ONLY to fix units with some errors, one of which being software version displayed is 00000000. Yours seems fine.

• 8 months later...

hello mine doesn't show the recovery files? what do I do from here?

thanks

Untitled.png

Hi Ben, welcome to TOC 🙂

What are you trying to do - do you actually have a problem?

& do you have Touch or Touch 2?

Hello thank you,

I have this fault, my bluetooth cuts out and will not reconnect amongst other faults listed above.

When I downloaded the patch files it appears I do not have what I should.

Edit: I'm not sure which touch version I have, how would I check?

Thank you

Ben

• 5 months later...

Hello all,

i have followed all that is written and have got the updates and placed onto multiple USB drives and also drives that are known to work. Placed into the slot before even putting the key in. Then turned on and the started. In all attempts it just goes to play the radio and does nothng.

Car is an Avensis 2014

Any help gratefully received as dealer in my area are muppets and even soiled my seats which are now stinking of oil.

Mark

• 3 weeks later...

Hi we had to update our car and you just have to have an empty pen drive and have one folder and you put the contents in that and it should update automatically. 

I have a Touch 2 and Go and it has started freezing on occasion.  It does not respond to presses on the display when I try to select a different media source yet it does skip through them when I press the "mode" button, however it doesn't play from the selected source.

The software version is 010141, and the map version, if relevant, is 6.11.2WH.

Does the unit have a known problem that my Toyota dealer will respond to?

Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi switch just wanted to let you know that 6,14.0wl is now present. Maybe try updating the infotainment system. If you pay £200 you get 6 free navigation updates per year. We had the same issue and updated the software and it works well

18 minutes ago, Holiday786 said:

Hi switch just wanted to let you know that 6,14.0wl is now present. Maybe try updating the infotainment system. If you pay £200 you get 6 free navigation updates per year. We had the same issue and updated the software and it works well

Hi Fawad.  I booked the car into my main Toyota agents and they updated the software and maps under warranty.  This seems a very weak area with Toyotas.