Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Touch 2 freezing then rebooting

Slasher_uk

On 1/8/2018 at 7:53 PM, Devon Aygo said:

OK with your VIN I can see your head unit is included within the affected models and as your car was built before the bulletin was launched you most likely have the pre-countermeasure software installed, the bulletin reference is:

BE-0003T-0116

Subject: Toyota Touch2 : Software update including major bug fixes and patch for "00000000" software version

Models: AURIS; AVENSIS; HIGHLANDER; LAND CRUISER; RAV4; VERSO

Model codes: ADE186; NDE180; NRE180; ZRE185; ZWE186; ADT270; ADT271; ZRT270; ZRT271; ZRT272; ASU50; GSU55; GDJ150; GRJ150; KDJ150; KDJ155; TRJ150; ALA40; ALA41; ALA49; ZSA42; ZSA44; AUR20; AUR21; WAR20; ZGR20; ZGR21

DESCRIPTION OF PHENOMENON Some customers may experience and report one or multiple of the following phenomena:

COMMON PHENOMENA:

- Display Audio software version is zeroed (Software version "00000000" is shown)

- Reboot (Display Audio-unit restarts by itself)

- Frozen or inoperative screen by button, touch panel operation

- USB unrecognized

- Phone book not transferred through bluetooth (Contact list is empty)

- Cannot make stored contact registration manually on the screen

- Surround setting menu appears despite an external audio amplifier without surround function connected

- On phonebook alphabet search is not working

- On phonebook Last name and First name is in reversed order

- iPhone6/6+ unrecognized and uncharged

- Suddenly “call ended” message is displayed on the screen, whilst talking at the phone

- bluetooth cannot be used (bluetooth icon is disabled).

- Clearance sonar warning screen is momentarily shown when IG OFF-> ON performed.

- Software fix for “Screen goes to clearance sonar screen after user changed clearance sonar setting.

- bluetooth address information shows wrong strings when Windows 8.1 phone connected.

- USB audio screen overlays to Reverse Camera screen when vehicle shift gear set to “Reverse” shortly after ACC OFF->ON.

ADDITIONAL SPECIFIC PHENOMENA:

• AURIS : bluetooth index search jumps to wrong location

• LC150 : Reboot while bluetooth auto reconnecting after bluetooth link loss

• LC150 : Audio receiver suddenly reloading during phone call via bluetooth with Front parking sensors activated

Hi

ive had the same issue but my dealer has said my car is over 5 yrs old but under 100k so Im not covered under the warranty. Do I have any other option? They’re telling me I have to have it investigated and pay £150 an hour to just look at it

Screenshot_٢٠٢٠٠١١٦-٢٠١٩٠٥_Toyota Connect.jpg

• 2 months later...

Hello Everyone.

Recently I started having problems with random freezes and reboots. I have tried to disconnect Battery but it didn't help. So I decided to do an update (as I have 000000 firmware version presented). For that I have used "13TFDAEU-DA00_0001.kwi" recorded on CD. During update I got error code: 006 (see attached, it's in PL but you get the idea).

I assume that first I have to try recovery file to fix 000000 FW version and then use "13TFDAEU-DA00_0001.kwi". But the problem is that I cannot find it anywhere. After checking here: "https://www.toyota-tech.eu/CAL/VINDecode.aspx" nothing is found for my VIN ID and bulletin nr.

Any advise where I can find correct firmware to enter recovery mode?

I have toyota corolla 2013, model code: ZRE181

2020-07-14 19.49.34.jpg

2020-09-08 18.28.54.jpg

On 6/29/2020 at 1:41 PM, Wm123 said:

ive had the same issue but my dealer has said my car is over 5 yrs old but under 100k so Im not covered under the warranty.

The new car warranty is 5 years or 100,000 miles, whichever occurs first. So a 2013 car is outside the new car warranty on time.

Hi

I have the same problem with my auris hybrid 2016 resetting radio module. the car was bought originally in UK but then Authorised Toyota from Ireland dealer brough that to Ireland and sold me. No wthe car is 4.5 year old and below 100 000 Km (not even miles). When i went to the Toyota service (here in Ireland - but it was different dealer then i bought the car from but still authorised) the said without even checking that will cost me 850 to replace it. They said if the car was originally from UK they maybe can solve that in UK bu they do not honor this warranty locally in Ireland. Can they do that? And is that right that they would honor it in Nother Ireland (that is part of UK)? And eventually how to find out if my radio unit is still on warranty?

... I addtionally tried to solve the problem by myself. I upgraded system to 6.15.0L but it did not help. It still resets randomelly.

Strange it started aftter 2 weeks of car not being used and i think it gets more intensive if there is riny weather

9 hours ago, Waldemar Sobiesiak said:

Hi

I have the same problem with my auris hybrid 2016 resetting radio module. the car was bought originally in UK but then Authorised Toyota from Ireland dealer brough that to Ireland and sold me. No wthe car is 4.5 year old and below 100 000 Km (not even miles). When i went to the Toyota service (here in Ireland - but it was different dealer then i bought the car from but still authorised) the said without even checking that will cost me 850 to replace it. They said if the car was originally from UK they maybe can solve that in UK bu they do not honor this warranty locally in Ireland. Can they do that? And is that right that they would honor it in Nother Ireland (that is part of UK)? And eventually how to find out if my radio unit is still on warranty

The UK warranty is 5 years / 100000 miles, the first 3 years are funded by Toyota Europe and available throughout the EU however the 4th & 5th years are funded by Toyota GB, if the car is taken out of the UK the 4th and 5th years are no longer valid, so you would have to take the car to a NI dealer where the warranty would again be honoured.

23 hours ago, stolaris said:

Hello Everyone.

Recently I started having problems with random freezes and reboots. I have tried to disconnect battery but it didn't help. So I decided to do an update (as I have 000000 firmware version presented). For that I have used "13TFDAEU-DA00_0001.kwi" recorded on CD. During update I got error code: 006 (see attached, it's in PL but you get the idea).

I assume that first I have to try recovery file to fix 000000 FW version and then use "13TFDAEU-DA00_0001.kwi". But the problem is that I cannot find it anywhere. After checking here: "https://www.toyota-tech.eu/CAL/VINDecode.aspx" nothing is found for my VIN ID and bulletin nr.

Any advise where I can find correct firmware to enter recovery mode?

I have toyota corolla 2013, model code: ZRE181

2020-07-14 19.49.34.jpg

2020-09-08 18.28.54.jpg

ZRE181 Is not a EU spec Auris, where are you located / what market area was the car destined for?

The bulletin you are referring to is a EU specific reference and does not list ZRE181 nor the software Versions in the photos

1 hour ago, Devon Aygo said:

ZRE181 Is not a EU spec Auris, where are you located / what market area was the car destined for?

The bulletin you are referring to is a EU specific reference and does not list ZRE181 nor the software Versions in the photos

Car was bought in Poland and it's Corolla 🙂

this model code is listed here: "https://www.toyota-tech.eu/td/ditabulletin/index.aspx?link=fi9OR0J1bGxldGluL0JFLTAwMTAxVC1UTUVFTi9pbmRleC5odG1s"

I have payed for pdf file located there and downloaded advised kwi file. So any advise what I'm doing incorrectly would be great.

Presumably the car is a Corolla saloon - built in Turkey. The saloon version of the Corolla was not officially imported into the UK between 2007 and 2019.

• 4 months later...

Hi I have also same problem, Corolla 2015y, DeviceId: 13TFDAEU-DA07, and updated FW to latest version 770101B8, but it didn't help.

It issue occurs with iPhone XR and during call after ~1min Toyota media restarts, so it is very annoying.

This is my wife car, so I think maybe it is time to buy a good car, some from Germany :)

35 minutes ago, Mastahh said:

Hi I have also same problem, Corolla 2015y, DeviceId: 13TFDAEU-DA07, and updated FW to latest version 770101B8, but it didn't help.

It issue occurs with iPhone XR and during call after ~1min Toyota media restarts, so it is very annoying.

This is my wife car, so I think maybe it is time to buy a good car, some from Germany 🙂

Do you have a model number it should start 86140-

• 1 month later...

I have lots of freezing and rebooting issues, mostly but not always when iPhone is plugged into usb or when taking or ending a call and have had these issues for years but never solved. It’s now happening more regularly. 
Toyota state they have updated and reset the unit.  The pictures show the version numbers. I am unable to access the tech docs. Is mine an affected machine?

A6A08C21-9363-4A03-9024-911AFCAE1330.jpeg

913F413E-6993-4CDE-947F-E375ABA8A197.jpeg

• 5 months later...
On 3/13/2021 at 7:24 AM, ajstars said:

I have lots of freezing and rebooting issues, mostly but not always when iPhone is plugged into usb or when taking or ending a call and have had these issues for years but never solved. It’s now happening more regularly. 
Toyota state they have updated and reset the unit.  The pictures show the version numbers. I am unable to access the tech docs. Is mine an affected machine?

A6A08C21-9363-4A03-9024-911AFCAE1330.jpeg

913F413E-6993-4CDE-947F-E375ABA8A197.jpeg

On 9/5/2021 at 1:43 AM, flash22 said:

the tsb is out of date its now covered in the touch2 diag manual, the Avensis uses the Panasonic version of the touch2

0000000000 is the firmware version

All you do is put the .KWI file on a USB stick (under 32gb formatted in FAT32) - if you have USB if Not you need the CDR version

My documents are on my other pc so will post the links shortly

I have this issue too. My local dealer has told me they can get the 0000000 fix patch files. They said I would need to replace the entire DA unit. 

start off with disconnecting the Battery for 10-15 or unplug the head unit what ever is easier for you

do those bcm and hvac codes clear or do they return ?

9 hours ago, Raddragon said:

I have this issue too. My local dealer has told me they can get the 0000000 fix patch files. They said I would need to replace the entire DA unit. 

You only need the patch if you have the NAVI the DA is updated via USB

Are you using a mac with bootcamp/parallels or a PC ?

6 hours ago, flash22 said:

You only need the patch if you have the NAVI the DA is updated via USB

Are you using a mac with bootcamp/parallels or a PC ?

I'm using a PC. My unit is 13TFDAEU-DA04 and is non navi. I has my car on for a service yesterday at Toyota here on New Zealand (it's NZ New) and they said they cannot do the update as they 'cannot get the CD from Japan' and they seem disinterested to help.

When I put the kwi file on a usb or burn a cd (using Nero), and put it in the car, it says identifying update (or something similar), then I keep getting an error, software cannot update error code 006 (picture). I have tried burning the CD as per the instructions online : ISO/UDF, multisession off, close disk, etc. I've used 10 cd's so far. 

I have soo many .kwi files (from the diagnostic manual and sources online. But none of them work. I always get the update error code 006 which I was able to only see reference to this issue in one forum and a picture of the exact code error in a Russian TSB bulletin with the exact picture of what I'm experiencing below (it makes reference to it, but no way of fixing it). 

20210906_183504.jpg

20210902_172126.jpg

7 hours ago, flash22 said:

start off with disconnecting the battery for 10-15 or unplug the head unit what ever is easier for you

do those bcm and hvac codes clear or do they return ?

Another member in this forum had the issue, but I messaged him yesterday and no one was ever able to help him. It seems the mysterious 00000000 fix is not available for people. The issue seems to be the instruction in Step2: Download the zip-file "(vehicle name) – DA CM software… .zip" from TechDoc.

Problem is without TechDoc (or a dealer who actually cares), I cannot get the files in the MAIN00000000 RECOVERY USB or CD directory to do the 00000000patch. An unless you can see the MAIN00000000 RECOVERY USB folder you don't know what the files are as they used "example pictures in the bulletin" which do not show the correct files. I know this because I have all of these files from the Diagnostic manual and I still get the 006 error code.

Avensis1.PNG

Avensis 2.PNG

Avensis 3.PNG

Avensis 4.PNG

Edited by Raddragon
Completeness - I really need help.

ah ok, none of the information is applicable to your car, even tho it is UK built it's an export car, that's why the updates do not work (also i couldn't find the VIN on the European portal) - your dealer will not be able to get the update from Japan as it's not a Jap built car

Can you verify the exact model of the radio

I didn't spot it at first but if you read carefully.......................

Page 7

Display Audio function only (no NAVI
extension box present) : Perform the
Display Audio software patch via
USB-stick. [2]

Display Audio with NAVI extension box :
Perform Display Audio software patch via
CD-R disc. [1]

9 hours ago, flash22 said:

ah ok, none of the information is applicable to your car, even tho it is UK built it's an export car, that's why the updates do not work (also i couldn't find the VIN on the European portal) - your dealer will not be able to get the update from Japan as it's not a Jap built car

Can you verify the exact model of the radio

I didn't spot it at first but if you read carefully.......................

Page 7

Display Audio function only (no NAVI
extension box present) : Perform the
Display Audio software patch via
USB-stick. [2]

Display Audio with NAVI extension box :
Perform Display Audio software patch via
CD-R disc. [1]

Here's the details 86140 0590 is the model. I took the screenshots from the service menu.

20210909_083238.jpg

20210909_083258.jpg

20210909_083252.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/4/2018 at 6:35 PM, Slasher_uk said:

Over the past few weeks my touch 2 has suffered a freeze then reboot, is this a common problem and if so is it a warranty job?

many thanks.

This worked for me. Touch 2 with Go. 

• Like 1

No problem, it took a bit of finding and playing with random Avensis VIN's to get the CAL

that file covers all the Panasonic Touch2 units with the 0000000 Firmware issue, not just the Avensis