Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

RAV4 Hybrid AWD Indication

PatEF

Just bought a 2018 Rav4 Hybrid AWD. Can anyone tell me whether there is a dashboard indication when the AWD system kicks in? I can't find it anywhere in the owner's manual. After the botch-up I have experienced with purchasing this vehicle from my local Toyota dealer, I just have a niggling wonder about whether it is actually the AWD model or not!!

Thanks

There won't be any indication on the dashboard. Historically, petrol and diesel RAVs have started in AWD mode and revert to FWD by the time they reach 25 mph - that all happens seamlessly and without the driver being aware of it at all. I assume that the hybrid will behave in a similar fashion even though the rear drive is wholly electric ...

started in AWD mode and revert to FWD

Isn't that exact opposite of most other cars - which start with FWD mode and becomes AWD if traction loss detected?

Usually pressing AWD indicates diff lock icon in dashboard. Is RAV4 an exception to this?

If you have a look under the car you should see the rear motor which gives you AWD when needed.

When you have the display in the central console to energy distribution, when the awd kicks in you will see the yellow lines going to all 4 wheels. On models with Lhd the central display actually shows 2 motors, the rhd versions do not 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links