Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Correct/Sufficient Battery for 7A FE Avensis 1.8

JohnP1961

I had to buy a new Battery for my 2000yr Toyota Avensis 1.8 Liftback with an 7A FE engine and I was sold a Duracell DS55 as being suitable and I was told, a good choice for the car. It seems to be working OK but on return from a longish journey, (400 miles) I decided to check it out and even on duracells site, can't see this Battery being suggested for this car.

The Battery is a UK065 type

Cold Crank Current A EN 450

Capacity 55 Amp hours.

Can anybody confirm if this battery is indeed a good choice for this car...including for plenty of cold starts in Scotland? Im wondering if it may be underpowered for the job

If it were me I would go on the Tayna batteries website and key in your Reg number (although you know it is 065 type)

Scroll down the list and go for the Battery with the highest cold cranking and amp hours.

I have been very happy with VARTA E44 (096) batteries on all three diesels. They were on recommendation that they are the same batteries as Bosch (same factory) but a sub brand.

HTH

I've already been sold and fitted this Battery, after asking the dealer for a decent choice for the car, I've looked on the Tayna website and it doesn't get suggested, which has got me wondering. I've emailed Duracell with the question, too but as yet, not had an answer.

I imagine you would need a more powerful Battery as its to power a diesel car, mine is a 1.8 petrol.

When I owned my Avensis 7A-FE 1.8 GLS back in October 2015, I changed the Battery at Euro Car Parts £44.82 with discount. The Battery was there own brand Lion 027 part no. 444770271, 60 Amp hour, crank 480ah CCA. It was direct fit for the car. The price has gone up since then. 
Funnily enough it is one of the 027 batteries specified for my current car 1.8 valvematic 2ZR-FAE, though there are stronger batteries also recommended!  

Hi Konrad, the correct type of Battery for this car should be an "027" and the one I've been sold is an "065" which appears perhaps to be underpowered for the vehicle....It is 55Ah and is 450/480 EN/SAE. It was £75 as I told the dealer I wanted a decent one, not the cheapest

.I may go back to see the dealer

Don't know if this helps but I on my 1998 1.8 7A-FE auto I have a Halfords HCB013 (Calcium) Battery. 540CCA, 60 Ah.  No problems with this at all.

Tanya also sell on eBay. I use the Varta batteries, though eBay says it is not recommended for my avensis it does work well...well so far so good. Though it is recommended for my old car and is silver technology.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links