Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

IQ newbie

Sparkyrich

Hi folks, I’ve been lurking for a week or two, enjoying reading all the previous posts. Hopefully I pick up our “new to us” 2010 IQ3 this morning. I’m like a kid waiting to go see Santa, stood by the door, hopping from foot to foot. T’wife says I’ve to grow up and have some patience lol!

I’ll take some pictures when I get it home and, hopefully, won’t get on everyone’s wick by asking shed  loads of dumb questions. Now, is it nearly time yet???

Welcome to the forum. What colour and transmission have you gone for? 

Thanks for the welcome :biggrin: 

it’s black with the manual gearbox. Had auto boxes for the last few cars so it’ll be fun at junctions when I forget the pesky left pedal lol!

Hello and welcome to the land of iQ. Good choice with the 1.3 manual, it is a cracking little engine and gearbox (don't be afraid to rev it, it can fair shift when you do :driving:)

Hello and welcome aboard!  I washed the IQ this morning (for the first time in ages) and must admit that I stood back and thought "this really is a great little car".  It's only my commuter, town runaround and the car which gets left parked at the railway station, but it is brilliant at those chores.

The picture is from back in the summer.

016.jpg

• Like 1

Hi

It will make you feel like billy whizz, good choice the 3 and manual , had mine nearly 8 years and 117k miles , still makes me smile especially doing a 180 turn in the road outside our house .

• Like 1

Love my little iQ3 with the 6 speed gearbox. Great fun car and not bored with it all after 5 years of ownership. Gave it a service last weekend with new oil and filters and it runs great.

Enjoy it

Craig.

• Like 1

Hi Sparkyrich,

I've had my IQ3 manual for a few months now after chopping in a Smart Fortwo. it's streets ahead, brilliant turning circle, better fuel consumption 43-49mpg

comfy, bigger boot, I keep the rear seats down,quiet and faster.

Just needs a service now.

regards Chris

Well, after a week of ownership, I can safely say I rather like this motor! Last one was a  Lexus RX300 so it’s got a lot to live up to - and since the Lexus was on LPG the IQ is currently giving fewer MPG lol!

Bright side is it’s such fun to drive. Can’t get used to the third pedal yet, wheel spinning at the lights makes me look such a boy racer and the wifey isn’t pleased at that. I’ve got loads of questions for the forum gurus and I’m sure they’ll be sick to death of me asking. Fingers crossed they’ll be kind lol!

• Like 1

As you'll have seen from my photo, this household has an IQ and an RX!  They're very different, but both  great cars.  

Glad you're enjoying the new motor.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links