Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Can't believe the results of a carbon clean

Ben93

I went to get My car looked at for remapping today turns out it's impossivle can't be read via obd and the ecu itself has no pins for him to solder wires on and do a bench map as he took it out to look. 

But I did get my engine carbon cleaned and I am so impressed with the difference I thought the car was gutless before 2000rpmand and the turbo kicking turns out it was just in need of a detox. Well worth the 70 quid csn reccomended getting it done to anyone with an older car. 

Nice! What did you get done, is it like the Terraclean thing a few people have mentioned on here?

3 hours ago, Ben93 said:

I went to get My car looked at for remapping today turns out it's impossivle can't be read via obd and the ecu itself has no pins for him to solder wires on and do a bench map as he took it out to look.

1CD-FTV? You should be able to get a tuning box for it still I would have thought.

It's a 1ad ftv I think you can get a tuning box from people like tdi tuning but it just connects to fuel rail and makes a fake signal to add too much fuel therefore causing smoke and wearing out a ery expensive fuel pump and injectors as it doesn't alter turbo and any other things. Any box that connects to one sensor is no good. Not anything like a proper remap. 

And yeah I think it may be like a terra clean im actually amazed at it how much better it pulls away I don't think it'd so slow anymore it never was slow just had no guts pulling away its made all the difference. 

Here's a photo of the kit. 

DSC_1929.JPG

It uses crystals in distilled water and heats to a vapour and it goes through the engine. Think it's hydrogen something gas I was skeptical at first the bloke said take it out and let me know what you think honestly, 70 quid well spent. The blokes great too had my car 3 hours trying to read ecu then another hour with it out and only charged Me the carbon clean coat I give him a little more as he spent 3 hours trying and wasn't going to charge me for them. 

He said the tuning boxes will just anhialate injectors or fuel pump the only ones I've seen with good reviews for diesel are the dtuk ones that plug onto each injector but tbh it's still just over fuelling the system and not matching boost pressure with it to compensate. 

Especially as the price of injectors and getting them set up and timed is nearly what the car cost me. 

But this carbon clean has brought a whole new lease of life to it and am really happy even if I can't get a remap or a box that doesn't just trick it into overfuelling. 

Shame they stopped making the lindop one for it. 

Oooh, my brother had a 2.0 Corolla D4D! Great car... really nice to be in and to drive, and the pull on that 2.0 D4D was ridiculous! Almost as much as the pressure required to push the clutch in! :P

13 minutes ago, Ben93 said:

It's a 1ad ftv I think you can get a tuning box from people like tdi tuning but it just connects to fuel rail and makes a fake signal to add too much fuel therefore causing smoke and wearing out a ery expensive fuel pump and injectors as it doesn't alter turbo and any other things. Any box that connects to one sensor is no good. Not anything like a proper remap. 

I didn't think that they did the 1AD-FTV in the UK Corolla. You can definitely get a remap for the 1AD-FTV although not widely available - it's only in the last year or 2 that they could break the Denso encryption. edit:used your reg above & it's coming up as 1995cc which is a 1CD, 1AD is 1998cc

There are tuning boxes & tuning boxes ... The good ones connect to more than just the common rail. e.g. https://lindopchipkits.co.uk/index.php/buy-online/product/52-chiptuning-box-toyota-auris-2-0-d-4d-91-kw-124-ps (others are available :tongue: ).

I asked lindop if they make one for my car still and they said no. It was discontinued I tried to locate other multi channel ones that connect to boost too but can't find any. 

I don't think anyone can remap my car In this country. 

But I'm impressed with the cleaning anyway amazed. I might just get the other half of my exhuast down bigger downpipe etc already got the cat back half done as a straight pipe and it's quiet being a diesel but it's more responsive and even more so with this engine clean 

Do you know of any similar kits to the lindop as they don't supply for my car now. I've asked them 

Also that clutch comment is so true my left leg is starting to get bigger than the right 😂 it wants to push the leg back out when I first bought the car I shot into a junction a little bit more rapidly than you really should 😂 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ben93 said:

I asked lindop if they make one for my car still and they said no. It was discontinued I tried to locate other multi channel ones that connect to boost too but can't find any. 

I don't think anyone can remap my car In this country. 

Do you know of any similar kits to the lindop as they don't supply for my car now. I've asked them 

Lindop do not make, they buy in from Germany. Quite probably their oem still can make.

I have no idea who these people are but your vehicle seems to be in their list https://flashremapping.co.uk/vehicle-list/

Have you enquired of the likes of TDI-tuning & Bluespark?

Flash remapping are literally based down the road from me haha they can only fit a tuning box. No remap. 

I've asked tdi tuning they said they only have the single channel one that goes on common rail for it as do nearly everyone else. For the sake of my fuel pump and injectors I think I may just leave it as it's not actually as slow as I thought I'm just going to get it carbon cleaned twice a year from now on. 

Other than that currently plans are 40mm lowering springs window tints and a custom audio system eg new door Speakers head unit and 12 inch subwoofer. 

Also to get half the car resprayed as the clear is failing. 

seems like spending a lot of money on a car that isn't worth that much? Especially as it will probably put your insurance up.

Adrian flux quote me cheaper with mods on than the cheapest quote without haha so that's OK. Tbh i like the lookof the car I wish I could get it faster I think the bigger downpipe and kn panel will free up some too so will see what can be done. I'm relatively handy with stuff so some of the work I do myself. 

I go to alot of car shows and meets tbh so I like the car looking pukka 

I don't think it's the same one it's 124hp engine mines 114 I'm gonna leave the tuning stuff and just lower it tint windows get a spoiler a sportscat and big downpipe. That will be me done then 

Well if anyone's from easex thurrock area I can reccomended dma performance for the carbon clean 70 pound Te is a nice bloke 

Hi Ben, I live about 8 miles from Southend via the A13, have you got contact details of DMA Performance and Te is his name. Yes I could Google it but thought i'd ask you for any info as I am sure my diesel Rav 4 could do with decoking.

Thanks Mike.

https://www.dmaperformance.co.uk/

It doesn't list carbon clean on he's site but it is there. Probably worth giving him a call. He shares the place with another garage so it says micks garage on front but there is a DMA sign too. 

He's a helpful bloke and my ecu has broken he's remapping record as he can't do anything to it. The carbon cleaner don't look like it's going to do anything but I was surprised. Just pumps a gas down the air intake and you just rev engine a little every 5 mins but the engine got quiter on mine as it was going as well as pulling alot nicer after. He left it on a bit longer than normal as mines probably never been done. He does mechanical work too but says it all on the website. 

Simple  looking machine but works very well. I was skeptical at first. 

Hi Ben.

Thanks for replying buddy, if I go for it i'll let you know the outcome and what I thought.

But again, thanks for your reply, most appreciated.

Mike.

Yeah OK it should definetely make a difference I noticed it it definetely makes the initial pull on my car much better too it used to crawl before 2000rpm now it pulls off like a train. I can't promise the same outcome but mine I doubts ever been done and Ive noticed a difference. Would be hard to explain unless you had been in my car before and after even my mates have been like wow your cars fast what have you done haha. 

I can't make promises but I found it worthwhile and at 70 quid seems worth a punt. It puts vapour stuff down the air intake and it basically comes out the exhuast fumes but it's certainly been worth it. 

The machine don't look like it's doing anything which is what made me skeptical about them beforehand