Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

TRD Gen 7 Spoiler Fixing Kit

slider1981

Hi All,

I am having a nightmare with my 2006 GT Celica Spoiler repair.

Sadly I had the Spoiler almost stolen by some youths but it did get badly damaged. I have been able to have the spoiler itself fully repaired, however I have had a nightmare re-fitting it back to the car itself.

The Fixing screws in built into the spoiler were snapped off so I have had them plastic welded again, also had the boot lid resprayed and kept the metal washers that fix underneath the boot lid.

The nightmare I am having is finding the correct replacements for the Double sided adhesive pads that sat between the boot lid and the spoiler. The material that was there originally was 3mm thick exceptionally sticky pads, almost like a strong Gum it had such a good hold!!

Toyota I have to say have tried very hard to help but the only information on their system is that of the basic thin blade spoiler which is not the TRD body kit Gen 7 Spoiler that all the 2006 Celica's were fitted with.

Can anyone shed any light on the material in question and how I could go about replacing the pads for the left and right side of the spoiler? 

I have looked everywhere and rang 3 different Toyota garages and all I can find on eBay is basic 3M pads which are not waterproof or Sikaflex Auto Glue, none of which are the right thing

Thanks in advance

Mike

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3M-Pads-Strong-Double-Sided-Foam-Sticky-Pad-Mounting-Round-Glue-Strip-Command/252989970351?hash=item3ae76097af:m:m3gwfghHz3X0yP9cTR1ISUA

These any good? They have 3mm thick ones in the dimensions dropdown.

Thanks mate but I don’t think so, 3M is just not weather resistant and does not get hold properly, the stuff used is more like a tough sticky Gum, needs to be heavy duty . Thanks for replying though much appreciated!

Oh, are you after a piped adhesive from a tube, like a silicon gel or something, rather than a double-sided pad?

Hi Cyker, 

no no I do not want glue or fixing adhesive, 3M pads are not strong enough.

i am looking for the original material which were pads that came with those spoilers,

they were here perfectly shaped pads with holes for the fixing screws and they formed a perfect cushion for the spoiler.

i do not want alternatives if I can help it.

thanks

Mike

• 2 months later...

Sorry i can’t help you, I am also interested on this and it will be much appreciated if you drop me a PM once you find the right product please

Moved to the Celica club.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links