Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Flickering dashboard with ignition off Toyota Auris

angelicfront

Hi I am new to the forum.

Yesterday I noticed a problem with my 1.33 petrol 2012 Toyota Auris when i turned off the ignition.

The dashboard lights starting flickering. Sometimes the check engine warning came on and sometimes the check airbag warning came on.

Once you start the car and drive off, the problem stops but once the ignition is turned off the problem happens again.

I can't find any signs of water ingress or moisture that it would indicate a water related problem.

There is a new Battery so unlikely that the cause so wondering has anyone seen anything like this or have any suggestions.

I have linked youtube video below.

Thanks

There is a Technical service bulletin from Toyota that sounds possible:

BE-0070T-0514

DESCRIPTION OF PHENOMENON Some customers may experience and report that the lights of their combination meter start to flash after the ignition is switched to OFF.

PRODUCTION CHANGE The ECO RUN Converter assy* has been improved.

REPAIR PROCEDURE Replace the ECO RUN Converter according to the Repair Manual

Modified part number for an Auris G92C0-12021 and takes 18 minutes to replace.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi there, is this a part I could purchase and buy myself or does it have to be done by Toyota?

How much does it cost?

What will hapoen if I do not do snything?

Thanks,

Lou B.

Is your Profile correct? as a 2013 Auris would be a Mk2 and it was not affected by this phenomena only the Mk1 1.33.

If your profile is wrong and you do have a Mk1 1.33 then the part number is in my first reply as for price you will need to contact your local dealer, fitting is a straight swap and Toyota give 18 minutes to fit it. If you leave it you will end up a flat Battery eventually 

Devon Aygo,

Thanks. I think you are right about the model. I will contact my local Toyota dealer.

Thanks,

Burno.

The second generation went on sale from December 2012 - so it is possible the odd first generation may have been first registered in early 2013.

Cheers. Does anyone know how much these cost and if it is a straightforward item to fit?

• 1 month later...

Did you get this sorted?

Mine is doing exactly the same thing. It also occasionally says ENGINE CHECK.

Hi there, i went to local Toyota dealer (i had emailed them but no response). When i went to see them they hadn't a clue so i told them. Five mins later the guy came back out and said £720 fitted. I explained this was 1/4 value of the car to which he seemed disinterested. Needless to say i didn't take up his offer. My own mechanic said to keep goung and see what happened. Two to three weeks later the fault disappeared. It has stayed away. On reflection i think a bit of water or mousture may have got in as there had been many large puddles before problem first showed. I think it may have just dried out. So give it a few weeks and see what happens. Hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...

Well after a week of flickering, the occasional ENGINE CHECK warning and having to disconnect the Battery each night, I decided I had to do something. I decided to replace the ECO RUN CONVERTER ASSY so called my local dealer to get a price. On the phone I mentioned the problem and they helpfully went and found a technician for me to chat to. He had seen the problem once before and said that the ECO RUN CONVERTER fixed it for him. So I took the plunge it cost £110 and took a couple of minutes to fit (its on the left of the Battery and easy to get to the two bolts and one connector). And it worked a treat everything is back as it should be. Interestingly the new part is an upgrade with a +1 on the part number. The tech also told me that the part is responsible for keeping the power on to various parts of the car when the Engine Start Stop kicks in. It is not the part that actually stops the engine. Some diagrams here...

https://toyota.7zap.com/en/eu/auris/165510/nre150r-ahfnkw/4/8407/84a061/#G9270B

Andy

Thanks for that information. Although its a problem I hope I never experience it is useful to know as much as you can about these things. It would be really interesting to know just what the failure mechanism is... and as an electronics engineer I'm also thinking could it be fixed. If access was possible (and the thing wasn't heat welded together or something) then I would certainly dive in if it did happen to me.

Useful info :)

• 1 year later...

Hi, I am having this same problem but have already had my eco run converter assay changed. Any suggestions?

18 minutes ago, Charles Scott said:

Hi, I am having this same problem but have already had my eco run converter assay changed. Any suggestions?

Was the part the latest modified new part (G92C0-52050 ) or was it used?

Hi, previously had ECU unit changed under warranty when problem occurred. Noticed leak in boot from back brake light drivers side. This was replaced at same time. Now have a leak at at in the boot at the other side probably from brake light. ECU appears to need replaced again. 

• 11 months later...

Just had same problem - dash staying on when ignition off. Check engine & check airbag lights also appearing sometimes. Solved quickly thanks to this forum :)  Eco Run Converter replaced with new G92C0-52050 from Toyota main dealer €150+ VAT. (Original part # - 12020)

Fault doesn't affect the car running (& causes no OBD2 codes). Possible to unplug & replug unit to save Battery drain, if needed, which I measured at ~ 1/4 Amp with a HEME 0-20A clamp tester, so would not run the Battery down much if left for a few days. Should still have plenty of capacity left to start the engine (1.33 Litre petrol).

• 1 year later...

Has anyone had issues with Power Steering and Air con not functioning after replacing the ECO run converter (G92C0-52050 )?

Or even any advice to resolve 🙂 

2 hours ago, Mygfsyaris said:

Has anyone had issues with Power Steering and Air con not functioning after replacing the ECO run converter (G92C0-52050 )?

Or even any advice to resolve 🙂 

Did you read the codes?
I had my power steering die, but had no related issues to other components.

For starters i would just disconnect Battery for 10 minutes to see if that helps. 

On 2/1/2022 at 2:17 PM, furtula said:

Did you read the codes?
I had my power steering die, but had no related issues to other components.

For starters i would just disconnect battery for 10 minutes to see if that helps. 

Thanks for your reply.

Tried reading the codes but there was nothing stored. Clearing them had no effect either along with disconnecting the Battery!

I wonder there's some security codes that need to be written before the main ECU will accept it. Will get on the phone to a dealer to ask for advice.....

You haven't stated the age/engine of the car. Was the part used, or new?
Did you check the fuses? 

• 2 months later...

It's a 2012 1.33l Yaris. The part was new and the fuses were fine. 

The part itself was recommended from https://toyotadirectparts.co.uk/ after inputting registration details. Had been recommended on this forum. 

VERY disappointed with their customer service. Couldn't provide any technical support then refused a refund due to the fact the part being fitted for all of 10 minutes. I dispute its compatibility, I spoke to a dealer directly who recommended to replace with G92 C0-52031 instead. 

Very frustrating. In some good news though refitted the original part after a quick clean of the connector and has not caused any issue since. Only problem is I'm £140 down. Would recommend for anyone to go direct to your local dealer to supply the part in future. 

G92C0-52050 is for the mk2 yaris and G92C0-52031 is for the Mk3 xp130

Toyota electrical parts are non-returnable, it's part of the T&C's, Parts departments do not give technical support due to liability

worst ways you can stick it on eBay