Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bye bye Mr T

shuggler

Well finally got shot of my Avensis, took the plunge and traded it for Honda CR-V and could not be happier only had the Honda for a few days but the car has put the smile back on my face and no niggles with engine vibration, sensors not working (clean windscreen etc) and no substitute engine from BMW, happy days. But thanks to all who helped me on this forum with some of the problems with the car, keep up the good work off to the Honda forum now many thanks.

Best wishes

I can't say I blame you at all, I have the same car you had and totally peed off with it, nothing but problems since I bought it, definitely not what I expect from Toyota.

Good luck and glad you have found piece in the Honda. 
I would expect more niggly faults with my early version T27 petrol 2ZR valvematic petrol version, than a later BMW engined version. You must have been very unlucky. YOu have done the right thing.

The Verso has been dropped, and the Avensis is following suit from the end of February. No direct replacement for the Avensis. See Devon Aygo's post in the following topic - 

Thanks for the comments guy's it's a shame really that was my 3rd Avensis and the worst not the same build as the older ones, and it shows compared to the Honda there is no comparison everything works as it should. As FB has said there are no plans to bring out another Avensis, think it's the nail in the coffin.

15 minutes ago, shuggler said:

As FB has said there are no plans to bring out another Avensis, think it's the nail in the coffin.

Same as Honda no longer sells the Accord here - the market for D sector cars has collapsed.

fwiw, obviously I have no vibration issues from the BMW diesel as I went back to petrol & I haven't run into any issues of the "clean sensors" variety (mind you I am not convinced of the worth of many of the new features in TSS [& similar systems in other manufacturers cars] either - the ideas are probably fine but the hardware/software isn't quite there yet for them to be fully usable/useful).

• 2 weeks later...

Well if your happy with the car HF all good, but then the petrol version may be a better option I just did not get on with this car, but I did have a Honda accord before,( petrol ) and was not too happy with that, the CR-V though is much more my type of car, (may be an age thing) Normal handbrake, easy to change bulbs etc, better build quality, does have sensors but they work fine, same road tax as the Avensis and insurance, fuel consumption about the same or better. Don't know what the future is for the CR-V but hopefully this car will be with me for a long time

Having had a 2012 Avensis for 4 years before I am now used to the EPB. Still would prefer a manual handbrake but it's the way that everybody is going  when they bring out wholly new models (from spy shots it looks like the next generation Auris/Corolla is moving to an EPB too).

I imagine that the CR-V is due for a refresh (past history is every 5 years & the current one came out in 2012)

It's easy to change bulbs on this 2017. Obviously I don't have a CR-V to compare build quality but so far happy with that of this. Haven't had any clean/inoperative sensor warnings but I can see where things like auto high beam, road sign assist & pre-collision warning react differently to me so I have either switched off or ignore them.

I hope that you enjoy your CR-V & have no issues with it. :smile:

Interesting read. I've had my 16 plate avensis for over 12 months now.  It's the excel tourer with the BMW engine also. So far I've done 37k now and had no issues at all.  This is my third avensis now and this is by far the best one. Much more comfortable and the steering actually has some feedback now on these 18 inch rims. 

What issues did you experience? Shame it didn't work out for you. Hope the Honda serves you well

Cheers

Carl