Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Source of parts

Jpadie

Hi

Is there a good French/European source of oem parts that people recommend?  Seemingly UK vendors take themselves out of the market by loony transport prices to France.  

Ta

Justin

Bonjour :smile:

Pour des pièces d'origine en France je demande d'abord en concession Toy, c'est parfois pas si cher que ça :wink:.

Sinon j'ai déjà commandé sur http://www.toyota-pieces.com/ (en général moins cher que la concession mais il faut voir les frais de port) ou encore http://partsouq.com/ (tarif intéressant mais il faut ajouter frais de port et éventuellement de douane).

Pierre

When posting, whether it is a new topic or on an existing topic, please keep to one language (English) so that other members may contribute if they so wish.

OK Mike, I understand.

I thought I was answering a French and I found it odd to translate my answer into (bad) English !

I'll edit my previous post.

21 hours ago, pi_r_2 said:

Pour des pièces d'origine en France je demande d'abord en concession Toy, c'est parfois pas si cher que ça :wink:.

Sinon j'ai déjà commandé sur http://www.toyota-pieces.com/ (en général moins cher que la concession mais il faut voir les frais de port) ou encore http://partsouq.com/ (tarif intéressant mais il faut ajouter frais de port et éventuellement de douane).

Pierre

I can't edit this post so here's the translation :wink:

Hi, for OEM parts in France I first ask my local Toyota dealer, sometimes it's not so expensive !

I already ordered on http://www.toyota-pieces.com/ (usually cheaper but you have to check the shipping costs) or http://partsouq.com/ (interesting prices but you must add shipping and eventually custom fees).

On 1/7/2018 at 10:32 PM, Jpadie said:

Seemingly UK vendors take themselves out of the market by loony transport prices to France.  

That's because anything that is large/long/heavy has become very expensive to send. I used to send a lot of parts to Europe, but if it won't fit in a Jiffy bag or is heavy, I no longer send it. I recently sent a part to France that was sent via our Royal Mail International signed for service and it was held in CDG airport for three weeks, like a black hole, could not find out any information as to why it was held, it just was. The customer was unhappy, but what can you do? People start wanting their money back almost immediately if the part does not arrive within a few days, so personally, I rarely send to Europe now

Kingo :thumbsup: 

@Parts-Kingthere are loads of parcel aggregators that ship to europe at sensible rates.   that's surely the answer...  armed with weight and package size I'd be happy to arrange (and pay for) a courier to come by a vendor and pick things up.  

would you be willing to quote and sell on this basis?

On 1/8/2018 at 11:37 AM, pi_r_2 said:

Pierre

Merci Pierre; j'ai bien compris ton post.  

the problem I've got is the local Mr T to me doesn't ship and i don't have a car!  i'm reliant on couriers at the moment.   

partsouq is interesting indeed.  not sure about shipping delays etc.  also their stock doesn't seem to be great.  I've tried the other website in the past but they never seem to have anything that I want!  they do have the set of gaskets though (pochette de joints).   their prices are mad!  more than double the (quality) after-market rate.  and double the partsouq rate (although there is an extra 20% import duty to be taken account of, so really more like 40% more expensive.  

1 hour ago, Jpadie said:

@Parts-Kingthere are loads of parcel aggregators that ship to europe at sensible rates.   that's surely the answer...  armed with weight and package size I'd be happy to arrange (and pay for) a courier to come by a vendor and pick things up.  

would you be willing to quote and sell on this basis?

No sorry, prices from such companies are too unreliable, with hidden charges if something exceeds size or weight. It takes up too much time tracking and following up problems such as late delivery 

• Like 1

sorry - you misunderstood me @Parts-King.  I would book the courier and take responsibility for it given a known size and weight.  the agent picking up would be _my_ agent.  You would be pricing on an ex-works basis.  

obviously up to you either way! 

14 hours ago, Jpadie said:

sorry - you misunderstood me @Parts-King.  I would book the courier and take responsibility for it given a known size and weight.  the agent picking up would be _my_ agent.  You would be pricing on an ex-works basis.  

obviously up to you either way! 

Thanks for the update, sorry I did misunderstand you. 

No we would not supply on that basis. On International orders we take payment by PayPal, if anything went wrong with the delivery, it would be very easy for PayPal to charge back to us. When we are in control of the delivery company and have paid for a service, we can claim back our losses from such a company, it is not ideal, and costs more, but it's a bad world out there and we have had our fingers burnt many times :crybaby: 

Gosh.  Well we can easily work around that by making a bank transfer.  They are more or less instantaneous these days and you would not have to contend with the risk of chargebacks under the card schemes or paypal.

But I only want a few hundred pounds of parts and it does seem what you're really saying is that you're not that interested in international sales.  

Do you have a recommendation for official Toyota parts in Europe (an online vendor that delivers - not the case with the Toyota branded dealers in France who find it terribly difficult to respond to emails or answer the telephone)? 

What is it you actually need? If the parts you require are more expensive in the UK than France then it's a bit academic really

Send me a PM with the list of parts, plus VIN number of the car and I will price the job up for you

26 minutes ago, Parts-King said:

What is it you actually need? If the parts you require are more expensive in the UK than France then it's a bit academic really

Send me a PM with the list of parts, plus VIN number of the car and I will price the job up for you

thanks, that's very decent of you.  done.  

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links