Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Retrofit AUX input on Mk2 Yaris

defever

Hello fellow Yaris owners,

I would like to ask if there is a way to retrospectively add AUX input on factory stereo on Yaris Mk2, please.

We have Mk2 Yaris ('06, 1.3L SCP90) with factory stereo. Also, the steering wheel has multifunction buttons for radio channel and volume. The head unit has CD function but without CD changer. It looks like this (image from Google):

front.jpg

Obviously there’s no 3.5mm phone jack or AUX function at the moment, but I wonder if there is an interface / adapter / emulator that can be connected on the factory plug at the back of the unit to feed AUX input. We used to have those FM transmitter on another car but it didn’t quite cut it for us. If there is a possibility, I’d like something that is connected directly to the unit.

I’m sure a fellow Yaris owner would have thought about doing this or in fact has a solution / product recommendation so I wanted to ask on here.

What do you think?

Happy motoring!

Thanks frostyballs. I've heard of connects2 so I ordered one. I'll see how it goes.

Happy motoring!

• 2 weeks later...

Got connects2 interface, installed it fairly easily and it works perfectly. Only niggle is that the Aux cable length from the interface box is quite short (probably 50cm) so there's not much reach from the back of the stereo out to the front to connect to a device.

I just routed the cable under the black plastic trim by the passenger seatbelt warning signal on the left side of the stereo. When I have the time, I might make a little whole somewhere more convienient or guy a longer Aux cable (two round red & black plug end).

Thanks frosty for your suggestion.

Happy motoring!

• 4 months later...

I too have ordered a Connects aux input for a 2008 Yaris but cannot receive audio through the head unit. The 6+6 plug is securely located into the socket in the rear. The HU will not flip to CD mode without a disc in the front slot.

Is there an obvious reason why this is? Do I need a power supply for the Connects unit?

Many thanks.

image.png

Hello rytoff,

Hmm how odd?

Just checking that yours is not the model with CD changer. Ours worked perfectly fine without any set up like having to keep CD in the player.

Keep us posted on how you get on with this.

Hello Defever,

My stereo does not have a CD changer. I plugged the Connects unit into the 6+6 port in the rear of the head unit but with no success. I contacted Connects support over the weekend and am hoping for a solution soon.