Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2007 Aygo will not start

Sonic1234

Hi,

After being left unused for 8 days, my 2007 petrol Aygo will not start. The engine cranks and sounds like it is starting, albeit slowly, but dies before it starts. Repeating this process reduces the amount it cranks until it will no longer attempt to start.

I tried jumpstarting it using a power pack, it almost started but didn't quite get there. Then I've tried charging the Battery overnight, once again it sounds hopeful but did not start. The Battery read 13.4 V after charging. The next thing I was going to do was replace the Battery, but could this indicate a more serious problem? All the electronics (lights, radio, doors) work OK.

Sounds like a Battery issue to me, but im no expert sadly, im sure help from the forumsters is on its way...hang in there matey

If it's the factory original Battery, then it's well past its best. Might be worth fitting a new one, as you can pick them up as cheap as 42 quid.

https://advancedbatterysupplies.co.uk/brand/vehicles/toyota/aygo/petrol-option-1-europe-battery-2005-present/