Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2 beeps whilst driving?

Brian Austin

Just bought the Auris Hybrid, but it emits a couple of beeps from time to time. What do they mean?

Do you have the sat nav module fitted - Toyota Touch & Go? If so, it is probably the speed camera warnings.

Mine did this, so I disabled the speed camera warning in the satnav and it has stopped.

Thanks for the replies I thought it may be this but seems to happen when not near any speed cameras, but will try switching it off to see.

On another thing the sat nav speed limit notification seems to register 50 mph in a 60 limit, 40 & 30 are right.

Probably because your satnav has not been updated, mine doesn’t recognise new junctions etc, because of this. But to pay £106 to update my maps seems a bit much, when my TomTom has free updates.

6 hours ago, Jonmartin said:

Probably because your satnav has not been updated, mine doesn’t recognise new junctions etc, because of this. But to pay £106 to update my maps seems a bit much, when my TomTom has free updates.

In a 2016 I think that you should have 3 years of free updates (i can't remember exactly when this was introduced).

The mapping is always at least 6 months out of date by the time that Toyota release it so if the road has changed meantime it will be wrong.

The warning beeps can come several hundred yards before the camera & on a couple of routes that I use regularly I will get the warning even though I ultimately don't actually pass the camera that the warning is for.

2016 should come with 3 years worth of free map updates, if your car is on old interface you will have to update that first through owners portal on toyota.co.uk

You are right, the updates are free. Or they are for my 2016 Auris. Go to my-toyota and register your car. You go to the e-store, click on the update. Which is priced at £109, click to send it to your basket. Where it should appear as £0 transaction. Click download to usb stick. Just waiting for it to download, I’ll then let you know if it’s easy to instal into the car.

3 hours ago, Jonmartin said:

You are right, the updates are free. Or they are for my 2016 Auris. Go to my-toyota and register your car. You go to the e-store, click on the update. Which is priced at £109, click to send it to your basket. Where it should appear as £0 transaction. Click download to usb stick. Just waiting for it to download, I’ll then let you know if it’s easy to instal into the car.

You don't want to download to an USB stick iirc. You download to PC then expand that file to the USB stick.

I suggest that you only install the maps that you are likely to use (probably UK only unless you take the car to the continent) - this will save you a fair amount of time installing into the car (installing all maps can take over an hour).

Also, the engine has to be running (iirc the Hybrid is slightly different, has to be in Ready?) during updating as otherwise the head unit would shut down after 15-20 minutes to protect the Battery & if you are flashing firmware & it is interrupted you could end up with an inoperable head unit.

• Thanks 1

iirc= if I remember correctly

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Heidfirst said:

You don't want to download to an USB stick iirc. You download to PC then expand that file to the USB stick.

I suggest that you only install the maps that you are likely to use (probably UK only unless you take the car to the continent) - this will save you a fair amount of time installing into the car (installing all maps can take over an hour).

Also, the engine has to be running (iirc the Hybrid is slightly different, has to be in Ready?) during updating as otherwise the head unit would shut down after 15-20 minutes to protect the battery & if you are flashing firmware & it is interrupted you could end up with an inoperable head unit.

I understand the download to pc, but then I have no idea what to do, you say expand the file to the usb, what do you mean. The download file on the pc shows several lines, I selected all, but a message said it was too big for the stick (16gb). So which one do i select ? Sorry if I appear stupid, but i do not understand any of this.

the downloaded file is in a compressed form, unzipping expands it. https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/4028088/windows-zip-and-unzip-files

Personally , I use WinRar to unzip https://www.rarlab.com/download.htm

You should end up with a folder (in my case 6.10.0WL & within that files as per attached (I have the standard [Low], not Plus, version of Touch 2 with Go - if you have the Plus version your file name will end with an H [High]). For me that folder is 4.22 Gb.

Take that whole folder & copy it to your USB stick.

T2GUnzip.jpg

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Heidfirst said:

the downloaded file is in a compressed form, unzipping expands it. https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/4028088/windows-zip-and-unzip-files

Personally , I use WinRar to unzip https://www.rarlab.com/download.htm

You should end up with a folder (in my case 6.10.0WL & within that files as per attached (I have the standard, not Plus, version of Touch 2 with Go - if you have the Plus version your file name will end with an H). For me that folder is 4.22 Gb.

Take that whole folder & copy it to your USB stick.

T2GUnzip.jpg

Thanks for your help and patience. The screen shot you posted is what I see, but what do I do with it, where do I click, what folder do I copy ?

i think I’ll give up now, and sleep on it.

Once again, very many thanks for your patience, but I think this is completely beyond me. I’ll see my dealer and get them to sort it.

OK, in the below screenshot there are 2 files shown.

1. a folder 6.10.0WL - this is the expanded version of the file below

2. a file called 6.10.0WL.zip - this is what I/you downloaded from Toyota

So, click on the .zip file  that you downloaded & either using File Explorer (as shown in the earlier link to Microsoft support that I posted) or another programme like WinRar that I also linked earlier expand that file.

That should give you a folder (as in 1. in this post). Copy that folder (with the 7 items in it) to your USB memory stick. 

T2Gfiles.jpg

• Thanks 1

Still no luck. Wish I knew what I’m doing. I went to my-toyota and downloaded the update which has appeared in Downloads. After this, I have no idea what to do.55AB0042-4E73-4352-963B-93547B0FA0B6.thumb.jpeg.93a89073016affa7769587fb179d0f9d.jpeg

Finally, the update is on a usb and the car is done. Long process, not the fast download and install. But at least it was free.

Thanks to Heidfirst for all the help.

Glad that you are sorted. :smile:

I gather from your photo of your screen, rather than a screenshot from the system, that computers are not your thing ... :tongue:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Heidfirst said:

Glad that you are sorted. :smile:

I gather from your photo of your screen, rather than a screenshot from the system, that computers are not your thing ... :tongue:

Thanks for your help.👍👍👍👍👍

Computers and me agree to disagree. 🤪

• Like 2

• 5 years later...

Has this 2 beeps been resolved? I have the same issue ony 2018 Auris Hybrid.

Egis. Do you use cruise control?  If you set your cruise control but exceed the set speed you will get two beeps. 

This can occur on undulating roads.  You crest a rise and the car accelerates above the set speed before settling back. 

Beeps on these cars usually comes with messages too. Or flashing icons or warning lights. Next time beeps again try to look and see what is say on the dashboard. 

• Like 1

Just a thought, could the speed camera warning beeps also be covering mobile camera locations even though 99% of the time no camera will be present?

I always get two 'beeps' when I'm approaching a fixed speed camera.  SatNav on or off, it makes no difference. ( Just FYI:  I also get a chime when I'm approaching an average speed enforcement road. Updated the map/navigation in 2022 and this was a new feature. See attached.)  

P1010407.JPG

On 3/13/2023 at 9:30 PM, Egis said:

Has this 2 beeps been resolved? I have the same issue ony 2018 Auris Hybrid.

Check if your speed limit beep setup is ON.  It is on the steering right button setup.  Go to vehicle setting and you have choice for BEEP above certain speed limit or to disable it.   There is also beep for crossing/keep lane assist.