Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Parking sensors

Elginlass

Has anyone fitted them to a 2013 ago and would it be expensive.  Thanks

How good are you/family/friends at DIY? You can buy a perfectly good set of rear sensors for <£20 & they aren't hard to fit.

e.g. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CISBO-Reverse-Rear-Parking-Sensor-Aid-Kit-with-Audio-Buzzer-Alarm-4-Reversing-UK/141038761146?epid=621631645&hash=item20d690b4ba:g:MbQAAOSwv0tU6u7I

I had toyota fit them as an aftermarket product around £250 but it was included in the purchase price of my aygo and they went halves on it.

I plan to install them myself guys, waiting for warmer climates to kick in first, ive had a set of genuine Mazda sensors lying around for years, expensive bit of kit, still sell for over 100 on eBay.

Its a simple case of measuring the correct distance between each sensor, marking postions, using the correct size drill bit...forget what you call it...like a hole cutter...and then placing each sensor till it clicks...gathering all the cables behind to be cable tied safely...and then making the connections...which if i recall are two wires that you tap into...and then deciding where to place your reverse bleeper siren...which i intend to keep under my dash but ill try the boot area first. Forgot to add...most important...check location clearance behind bumper first prior to any drilling.

If you can find a decent quality kit, its worth a diy try, only if you’re confident though, otherwise it will cost you a new bumper at the very least!

Best of luck!

I don't know if it is the same on the Aygo but the bumpers on an Avensis already have the 4 sensor locations marked on the inside - no need to measure.

Usually you tap into the power feed to the reversing light so that the kit only becomes active when you select reverse.

4 hours ago, Heidfirst said:

I don't know if it is the same on the Aygo but the bumpers on an Avensis already have the 4 sensor locations marked on the inside - no need to measure.

When I fitted Cisbo sensors to a T27 Avensis saloon I reckoned that the pre-marked holes didn't have enough clearance behind them for the (deeper?) sensors.  I moved mine down a bit.  Measure properly.

14 hours ago, Wiz201 said:

I had toyota fit them as an aftermarket product around £250 but it was included in the purchase price of my aygo and they went halves on it.

I did eactly the same on my 2014 Aygo. although they didnt go halves, but charged me cost.. which was about half :) 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links