Do Not Sell My Personal Information

DPF

Ak89

Hi guys

I have a Toyota Auris 2.2 D4D T180 on a 57 plate. I believe they have a DPF. Just wanted to know how to avoid it from getting clogged up. At what speed does the regen start and how long should i drive for in order for the regen to complete. Any thoughts on this would be much appreciated. 

I knmowon the Yaris 1.4 diesel the DPF was not fitted until about 2010.  Are you sure you have a DPF on your Auris?   My experience of DPF is that when it starts its cycle you loose a lot of performance........ does your car have any signs?

Isn't it a D-CAT engine that uses a DPNR catalyst to reduce emissions.

Yes, the T180 is a D-CAT which has a Toyota-specific type of DPF combined with an NOx adsorber-catalyst (Diesel PM and NOx Reduction).

• Like 1

To keep the filter in as good a condition as possible:

1. Regular drive at a steady 60mph+ keeping revs above 2000rpm ( so drive in 5th not 6th gear ) for at least 20/30 miles

2. Try to use a quality branded fuel ( not supermarket ) and perhaps every 3rd or 4th tank use the premium Super/ultimate/optimax fuel

3. Change the engine oil and filter every 10000 miles/ 12 months ( maxiumum ) ensuring the correct Low ash C2 graded oil is used preferably a 0w30 however 5w30 is ok  and if the car is predominantly used for low speed, stop/start or extended idling change the oil every 5000 miles / 6 months

Also bare in mind the filter will not last forever, even if the car has been driven perfectly and the servicing has been spot on the capacity to retain and then regenerate the particulate matter reduces with age/mileage and it will eventually fill beyond use and need replacing.

Hi guys only just seen all your replies. And yes it is a D Cat engine and im sure it does have a DPF fitted. Thanks for the advice. I came across Redex DPF cleaner online. Was wondering if anyone has used it and if its any good?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Ak89

ive been wondering same thing and think it has a DPF too.

mine was regening a lot this winter so put some wynns DPF cleaner in (read reviews on Amazon) it worked a treat not had another regen.

Apparently it reduces the temperature the soot burns at I’ll be using every third tank for winter months anyway.

Tom

On 21/01/2018 at 3:13 PM, daboosa said:

Hi Ak89

ive been wondering same thing and think it has a DPF too.

mine was regening a lot this winter so put some wynns DPF cleaner in (read reviews on Amazon) it worked a treat not had another regen.

Apparently it reduces the temperature the soot burns at I’ll be using every third tank for winter months anyway.

Tom

Hi Tom

I think il give that a try then. Just out of curiosity, how do you know when a regen is taking place?

Plooms of smoke out the back

but I’ve since found this again so in the middle of replacing the DPF