Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MOT Centre

bleckey

Today I had my car in for MoT, 2005 lc5 lwb, no problems apart from when the guy was coming off the rolling road/ramp, after doing brake and suspension checks, the car wouldn’t drive off the ramp.The rear wheels were on the rollers and turning but the front were off the ramp and not turning, I would have thought as it’s permanent 4 wheel drive it would have drove off no problem. The guy asked me was there traction control in this, he then reversed off the roller and then drove forward and after a few goes the car came off the ramp.

Never thought much of it till later, does this sound normal or could there be a problem with the drive via the front axle, the car does seem to be using a bit more fuel than normal

• 5 months later...

Old post, but...

I don't know about a Landcruiser... but my Rav4 is permanent four wheel drive with an optional diff-lock for increased traction.  I was told that you must not use a rolling road to test brakes as it damages the transfer box! @-@   When I mention this to my MOT tester he always tests by doing a normal road test and an old style Tadley brake meter!  You need to check this as the MOT guy should know what cars he can and can't test on a rolling road!  I don't want to scare munger... but you don't want to find that your transfer box is trashed; thats meger bucks to repair!

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Hi

If he had locked the centre diff  then the car would have driven off just fine. And yes, permanent four wheel drives should not be tested on rollers.

Leo

• Thanks 1

• 5 months later...

Thanks for the reply, just passed the MOT today again after only a wash 👌 guy done exactly the same on the rolling road!! I mentioned to him but he said it was ok