Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dab Radio Aerial

Mike Peett

Hi

I have just acquired a 2005 Rav4, 5 door, and I intend to fit a new radio with DAB, bluetooth etc. I want a roof mounted DAB aerial, does any one know which aerials fit without enlarging the existing hole,

or does anyone know the diameter of the existing hole?

Thanks in advance

Mike

I have just purchase a Rav4 and had a DAB radio fitted at Halfords. they fitted the radio and panels etc plus a windscreen aerial which is in front of the passenger but small and does not restrict vision. may worth enquiring with them as the aerial was an extra and is sold seperately. This way the radio works and the vehicle is not modified.

Hope this helps

The total cost fully fitted was £261 with half of that being the actual radio. I would add that I had a renault scenic a few month back and the same fitting was going to cost almost £400 so I figured a good deal.

The Rav4 has a new radio, Sony MEX-N6002BD , with removable front, a new fitting mount frame, which takes any radio, and gives us an extra storage shelf (not much but extra) a new DAB aerial, steering wheel wiring, telephone mike, and fitting.

Once Halfords had all the bits it took them and hour or so to fit.

Hope this Helps

• 2 years later...

Hi, my wife has a 2012 rav and I bought the Toyota dab conversion and even after getting a second lead to connect it in I can only get the dab working at the expense of the sat nav. Can anyone help please?

3 hours ago, Kev fletcher said:

Hi, my wife has a 2012 rav and I bought the Toyota dab conversion and even after getting a second lead to connect it in I can only get the dab working at the expense of the sat nav. Can anyone help please?

Can you post a picture of the headunit and advise what dab you purchased?

I added DAB radio to my Rav few month back. Bought this receiver: 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B077ZYXVWW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

which came with windscreen aerial which I fitted initially. The job itself is really easy, everything just plug and play. Reception with internal aerial was OK but not ideal (noticeable difference compare to work Corsa with factory fitted DAB). Decided to upgrade aerial to an external one and bought this:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07JNMKHP5/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1 

It is all in one aerial with DAB, GPS and FM in one unit. Took about an hour to fit, didn't bother about connecting GPS (I have GPS aerial under the dash fitted by the dealer whenI bought the car) and had to replace FM connector. Reception is a lot better (almost as on aformentioned Corsa). Would certainly recommend going for external aerial for better reception.

IMG_20200109_142343.jpg

IMG_20200330_163636.jpg

On 1/13/2018 at 1:27 PM, Mike Peett said:

Hi

I have just acquired a 2005 Rav4, 5 door, and I intend to fit a new radio with DAB, Bluetooth etc. I want a roof mounted DAB aerial, does any one know which aerials fit without enlarging the existing hole,

or does anyone know the diameter of the existing hole?

Thanks in advance

Mike

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07JNMKHP5/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

For this one I only needed to drill extra small hole because the aerial has a little tooth on its bottom, guess to keep it in place. 

When I had my head unit changed for a Kenwood unit with Android Auto, DAB etc, I went through two so called excellent windscreen DAB aeriels, even the Kenwood own brand and they where totally useless.

My research took me to web site dabonwheels and bought the shark fin dab aeriel below.  In this case, when dealing with DAB, you get what you pay for.  This one works a treat and looks good on the car.

https://www.dabonwheels.co.uk/product/sharkfin-dab-fm-car-aerial-with-gps/