Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Redex - is it pointless?

Toobs

Just wondered if anyone's got any views on this stuff.

I ran it though my roundeye from time to time and it seemed to improve pickup slightly for about a tanks worth or so after the tank with the redex in it.

I run a tank with some form of cleaner occasionally every 2 months can't do any harm uncloggibg injectors etc 

• Like 1

Similar to previous discussions on these forums as to whether premium fuels are better than standard fuels. Some people will say yes it does work, and others will say no it doesn't.

Some members on the IQ club have, in their opinion, found it to have benefits in terms of smoother running, etc - some early IQ's had issues with what was thought to be the EGR valve.

If it seems to benefit your car, then fine.

• Like 1

Hi,

Redex was actually mentioned by Ed China on the  Wheeler Dealers Tv program where they performed rolling road tests after trying various performance enhancements.

After the use of a bottle of Redex  it actually came out best with something like a 2 mpg improvement though he did comment there was no point in using it continually,  but expect Redex might say otherwise.

23 minutes ago, oldcodger said:

Hi,

Redex was actually mentioned by Ed China on the  Wheeler Dealers Tv program where they performed rolling road tests after trying various performance enhancements.

After the use of a bottle of Redex  it actually came out best with something like a 2 mpg improvement though he did comment there was no point in using it continually,  but expect Redex might say otherwise.

I think you're referring to Jason Plato on Fifth Gear with an old VW Corrado?

I think with Redex it makes a huge difference on a car that's not had it for a long time. But saying that a Terraclean would probably offer a better clean than Redex.

• Like 1

I used it in my Yaris - I can't say it made a noticeable difference in terms of power and I can't comment on the economy as I didn't track MPGs when I used it. I got it on offer from Halfords, so didn't hurt to have a try! :)

A carbon clean or terraclean made the world of difference with my car didn't realise how much power loss it had

I never notice any difference using it. But I think if you plan on owning the car longterm it's a good idea to take care of it.