Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Boot area Lighting

SAM LOVERS HER TOYOTAS

Hi Guys n Girls,

I’m not sure about the latest Aygo models, i assume they are manufactured with an internal boot light.

Sadly my 2008 wasnt, and it can be pretty difficult to see around inside it at night, im trying to think whether i use one of those stick on led lamps, leave a torch in the boot, or wire something in, its a pretty deep-ish boot for a tiny boot aswell!

Any comments welcome, thank you

The current Aygo doesn't have a boot light - used to be available as part of the factory fit X-tra convenience pack but has been deleted from that.

Have a look at the following topic - the second post gives details of the motion detecting light I use. I'm just on the third set of AA batteries in approx I5 months, which gives an annual Battery cost of less than £1.50, depending which batteries one uses. Other members have adopted similar methods which are also detailed in the topic.

16 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

The current Aygo doesn't have a boot light - used to be available as part of the factory fit X-tra convenience pack but has been deleted from that.

Have a look at the following topic - the second post gives details of the motion detecting light I use. I'm just on the third set of AA batteries in approx I5 months, which gives an annual battery cost of less than £1.50, depending which batteries one uses. Other members have adopted similar methods which are also detailed in the topic.

Thank you Frostyballs, read the thread, picked up on an OxyLED unit, looks smart, worked for the guys on the thread, so purchased on Amazon last night, and all from your recommended thread Frostyballs, well done.

Let us know how you get on with it. As an alternative, poundland does a small self adhesive LED light. It would fit neatly under the parcel shelp as it's only about the same size as a small jar lid It's not self activating though, so would have to be switched on/off when required. There's no switch, you just press the unit to operate it.

I will do Paulie, funny you mentioned, my other half suggested poundland, however in my opinion the unit looks like a pounds worth, and they dont last long falling to bits, when it comes to my baby, only the b.e.s.t wil do im afraid.

The poundland one sounds like what i use except it was from Lidl in a pack of 3
I just stuck a bit of velcro to it so it sticks nicely to carpet on the sides of the boot.  Been working for quite a few years now on its original  3 AAA batteries.

I've been using the poundland one for about three years now with no trouble. It's fixed in the under stairs cupboard. It throws out a good amount of light.

I would use the one with movement sensor so that you do not have to put it on. It just comes on when you open the boot. I bought a Philips light with sensor and it has been working  great for years. Change the Battery once a year. Here is a cheap one from Ikea.

http://www.ikea.com/se/sv/catalog/products/60263729/