Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Breaklight Seal - gone again

ABToyota

So I had the notorious breaklight seal leak and I bought a new seal from Toyota and fitted it, it looks to have perished again as I see condensation in the lens of the breaklight cover and water is back in my boot. So will Toyota send me a new part or is it a perishable and I need to buy another?

I didnt go down the route of using a bead of silicone as wouldnt this make taking the light off in the future really difficult?

£15 for a piece of sponge!

1 hour ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

When was the brake light seal bought?

Toyota parts usually have a minimum 12 months warranty - https://www.toyota.co.uk/owners/parts-accessories/parts.json

About 2 months ago. I just need to dig out the receipt. Do I remove it and take it back but then I have no seal? But car is used daily.

Probably - but have a word with the dealer you bought it from.

When I had this problem with mine I reused the old seal and ran clear silicone all around the light unit. That was four years ago and it is still totally leak free. There's no reason that silicone should make the light unit difficult to remove in future as silicone peels off non-porous surfaces very easily if necessary. As the bulbs are all replaced from inside the boot I've never had any reason to remove the light unit again in any case.