Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Winter wheels and tyres 2.2 180

Swifter R26

Hi All,

I've used the search function but struggling to find the answer for a change.

My wife has lost all confidence with her car in the cold, ice, snow, hailstone's, slush........ she bumped it one at very low speed when it just went straight on and this evening it also slipped. To be fair I have the same tyres on my car and they are pretty awful in these conditions; the worst I've had.

I am looking at a second set of steel wheels with winter tyres. Has anyone else done this on the 2.2 180? Will the wheels fit over the brakes? If so whats the correct tyre size?

Many thanks,
Paul 

If your standard wheel size is 18'' (like my Avensis T180) I have 17''s with winter tyres on. The correct size tyre's are fitted. 17'' clear calipers fine with no problems. I obtained a set of 17'' Lexus alloys (toyota)

If you replacing with same correct size wheel I don't think you should have a problem.

7 minutes ago, saxo265 said:

If your standard wheel size is 18'' (like my Avensis T180) I have 17''s with winter tyres on. The correct size tyre's are fitted. 17'' clear calipers fine with no problems. I obtained a set of 17'' Lexus alloys (toyota)

If you replacing with same correct size wheel I don't think you should have a problem.

The standard for the Auris is 17" - 225 x 45 x 17. I've found on the internet that 205 x 55 x 16 will fit fine. Full set of steels with good Nokian winter tyres for £500.

1 hour ago, Swifter R26 said:

The standard for the Auris is 17" - 225 x 45 x 17. I've found on the internet that 205 x 55 x 16 will fit fine. 

I would check the disc size - I know that my 2 Avensis 2.2s required17" wheels  or greater because 16" wouldn't fit over the discs.

OE equipment tyre sizes for the first generation Auris were:

2007-2012:  195/65/R15 and 205/55/R16

2007-2009:  225/45/R17

2010-2012:  215/45/R17

afaik the Auris T180 came on 225/45 R17  & used the same brake discs as the Avensis 2.2 hence my concern that 16" wheels would not fit on a T180.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links