Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Is it the fuse?

Salad30

Hi

ive recently purchased an auris, 2010 and my demister for front windscreen lights up but doesn’t increase the blower. Do you think it could be the fuse?

the vanity light under the sun visor doesn’t work but the bulb is intact??

Moved to the Auris club.

As far as I'm aware, the windscreen demister button just redirects the air flow to the feet and the windscreen

1 hour ago, Salad30 said:

ive recently purchased an auris, 2010 and my demister for front windscreen lights up but doesn’t increase the blower.

do you have climate control?

8 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Moved to the Auris club.

As far as I'm aware, the windscreen demister button just redirects the air flow to the feet and the windscreen

Doesn’t it up the fan speed with one touch and directs it straight to the windscreen?

I do have climate control. 

Sorry im having trouble replying to a certain post

2 hours ago, Salad30 said:

Doesn’t it up the fan speed with one touch and directs it straight to the windscreen?

Yes it does.

If it lights up, then i doubt it's the fuse. 

When you press the button, does it start blowing on the windscreen?

Does it also have a problem switching to blowing for example to feet, are there sometimes strong click sounds comming from inside the cabin where the blower is (central pillar)?

Does the air actually blow on the windscreen or not?

Yes but only when I adjust the power button. I expected the power to come full on when I pressed the demister button as other type of cars do

Mine doesn't increase the blower speed when pressed and as far as I know it isn't supposed to. It just directs air to the screen and switches the aircon on (if previously off).

I said previously the windscreen defogger button on the Auris just directs airflow to the windscreen and the feet. As far as I recollect both my 2009 and my 2012 Auris were like this. The owners manual also makes no mention of the fan speed increasing when the windscreen defogger is used.

When i press the button, it goes full on towards the windscreen, but without AC on, which i hate because it takes a lot of time to defog (when i press it again it goes back to previous mode). But mine is 1st gen, maybe it's different for 2nd gen.

9 minutes ago, furtula said:

When i press the button, it goes full on towards the windscreen, but without AC on, which i hate because it takes a lot of time to defog (when i press it again it goes back to previous mode). But mine is 1st gen, maybe it's different for 2nd gen.

It is the facelifted first generation the OP has.

Mine is the facelifted version (2010).

You need to be sure you have pressed 'Auto' in the climate control panel to cancel any user set preferences. Hitting front defogger should then bring the fan to full and direct at screen but you can override it with the manual fan speed buttons.

As you mention the fan works then it is unlikely to be a 'fuse' problem... if indeed there is a problem. 

I have worked it out. 

If you press both front and back demister at the same time, the front one is directed onto the windscreen 

thank you everyone for your responses

Pleased to hear you have figured it out. The rear demister is electrical and turns on the heater elements on the rear glass. It will automatically switch off after around 10 or 15 minutes.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links