Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Service Help?

Yarisfur

Hi all,

I'm looking to service my car myself for the experience. I have a 2005 Yaris diesel (1-NDTV).

My main question is, how do I know which parts fit my car? Stuff like oil filters, fuel filters, air filters, transmission oil. Or any help in where I'd find the information on what parts fit would help loads.

Thanks in advance

If you buy the parts from somewhere like EuroCarParts (there are many other parts websites, Euro Parts aren't always the cheapest), you can enter your registration plate and from there, it'll tell you which parts are correct for your car. These sites will display different grades of oil for your car (for my '03 Yaris, they display 5W-30 and 10W-40 for example), if you have a Haynes manual, check which you should use or have a quick google and you should be able to find the answer :)

7 minutes ago, MRichards said:

If you buy the parts from somewhere like EuroCarParts (there are many other parts websites, Euro Parts aren't always the cheapest), you can enter your registration plate and from there, it'll tell you which parts are correct for your car. These sites will display different grades of oil for your car (for my '03 Yaris, they display 5W-30 and 10W-40 for example), if you have a Haynes manual, check which you should use or have a quick google and you should be able to find the answer :)

Hi MRichards,

I initially used EuroCarParts but sometimes it'd give me two different choices for fuel filters and tell me to check the "fitment details" - so I'm unsure of what one to go for

I reckon they'll both fit if I'm honest, they do that as they have products from different manufacturers. Just a side note, if you're planning to get your order from Euro Parts delivered, have a look at Car Parts For Less - the same website, same products, lower prices. Not sure why that is, but you can save a few quid by going on there (and using one of the many voucher codes, there's always at least one running).

As MRichards.  I assume you have a Mark 1? I use both ECP and carparts4less for our 2003 D4D.. no problems so far  or indeed over 10 years or so....Also Ebay  have a parts matching service but  be careful there..  some vendors are selling what appears very cheap parts. I ONLY ever use Genuine Toyota oil filters as one error and new engine job...Less worry on air filters. Or fuel filters - but there I go for better known makes. Costs of fuel filter failure = big bills .

Yeah it's a mark 1. I don't suppose you would be kind to tell me what air/fuel filters you use, and where to get genuine oil filters? Thanks very much

22 minutes ago, Madasafish said:

As MRichards.  I assume you have a Mark 1? I use both ECP and carparts4less for our 2003 D4D.. no problems so far  or indeed over 10 years or so....Also Ebay  have a parts matching service but  be careful there..  some vendors are selling what appears very cheap parts. I ONLY ever use Genuine Toyota oil filters as one error and new engine job...Less worry on air filters. Or fuel filters - but there I go for better known makes. Costs of fuel filter failure = big bills .

Toyota do a service kit with free 5L oil. Enquire with your local parts department, also check eBay as full kits are listed.

Labour for oil service is £50 if you supply oil & oil filter (genuine).

I generally get Toyota parts for regular service items, either via Kingo (PartsKing, although I only tend to get them from him when ordering other parts, e.g. belts, and a waterpump last time IIRC - He's a bit cheaper than either of my locals but the delivery cost wipes out the savings if I'm only ordering a few things!) or my local Toyota (Usually the Hills-franchise because the Jemca one's parts department is terrible) - oil filter, air filter, fuel filter - Probably more than a pattern part but not by enough for me to care. They're not like e.g. VW or Audi who apparently make their filters out of gold and diamonds judging by how much they want for them...!

I don't go to Toyota for non-service items so much - centre wheel caps were something like £50 and the ARB droplinks were so expensive I got poly ones for half the cost!

8 hours ago, Yarisfur said:

Hi all,

I'm looking to service my car myself for the experience. I have a 2005 Yaris diesel (1-NDTV).

My main question is, how do I know which parts fit my car? Stuff like oil filters, fuel filters, air filters, transmission oil. Or any help in where I'd find the information on what parts fit would help loads.

Thanks in advance

This is what I use, stick your VIN number https://partsouq.com/catalog/genuine/locate?c=Toyota