Do Not Sell My Personal Information

17" wheels + tyres?

saab9002

Afternoon all,

My IQ3 has 16" wheels/tyres and the tyres will need changing in the near future but there doesn't seem

to be much choice in this size so was thinking maybe change up to 17", will any Toyota/Lexis 17" wheels fit

and would like to keep the same rolling rad and am fond of Toyo Proxes tyres. 

Would be grateful for any advice.

regards Chris

Hi,

I'm not sure about other Toyota 17" wheels but I bought some aftermarket wheel for the same reason. I fitted 17" wheels with 205/45/17 tyres, the rolling diameter is as near as std as you'll probably get. Well withing the 3% difference maximum rolling diameter recommended.

Have a look at MY PAGE down near the bottom of the page.

I also have 205/45 17 tyres and they are great. 

I use OZ racing wheels that I bought for £10 each seriously in need of refurbishing but once that was done they look like new and fit the car great, no tyre rub and really improve the handling. 

I use Toyo Proxes T1-R tyres and they are good but do find they wear pretty quickly and not the quietest out there. Also a bit sketchy in the wet I find. I may change brand next year when they will need replacing but not decided yet. They are good value though in that size.

Craig. 

IMG_1953.JPG

Hi Craggle,

Any idea what car your "new" wheels came from?

Chris

They are after market wheels so were originally bought separately. 

They are OZ Racing F1 wheels. So long as they have a 4 bolt hole pattern on a PCD (pitch circle diameter) of 100mm they will fit the car. The offset of these are ET42 which means the centre line of the tyre is 42mm inside the hub face. Wheel sizing can be a tough one to understand but those figures are all you need to get a set of wheels the same size as my ones.

The centre bore of aftermarket wheels is normally bigger as well so you need spigot rings to adapt the centre bore down to the size on the car. I can't remember what size the car has now but they can be measured quite easily. You can't simply rely on the 4 studs to hold the wheel in place, the wheel needs to locate on a diameter on the hub to keep everything nice and true and this is where the spigot rings come into it.

Craig.

Hi Craig,

thanks for the info, I think the centre bosses are 54.1mm, I can make some spigot rings no problem so I'll keep an eye out for a set of "cheap" 17" wheels.

regards Chris

• 1 month later...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi all,

sorry to resurrect this thread, but have spotted a set of 17” wheels the right pcd but 35mm offset,

in your collective knowledge, would these fit?

regards Chris 

• 1 month later...