Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Corolla Verso 2007 petrol 1.8 fuel and mpg

zoomaj

Hello Guys, 

Please can I check how much is it costing everyone for a full tank of fuel and how many miles is there everybody getting? My full tank is £60 and I'm getting 280 miles which doesn't seem correct to me. Please can anyone other member that has a verso confirm what they get? Thanks

Also as soon as I fuel up the computer on the dash board shows 280 miles straight from the full tank 

My 05 plate 1.8vvti Avensis did about 500 miles to a tank, or about 45-50 mpg.  Yours seems to be doing about 26mpg.  Your £60 buys about 49 litres of petrol @ £1.22.  That's about 10.8 gallons.  280 miles divided by 10.8 gals equals 26mpg.  There's something wrong with your car unless you're doing really short journeys with a permanently cold engine.

Iv had the verso for 3 months now, believe it or not the first month it gave me 180 miles! On a full tank, the previous owner unfortunately neglected the car and didn't service it, so when I got around to servicing it, there is some evidence of engine sludge, I have fully serviced the car now, and put new oil and filters and spark plugs and also running redex in the petrol compartment, second month i got around 280 miles, normally what happens is when you top up on fuel the car gives an estimated mileage, my avensis before this used to say around the 350 and I used to get around 320ish, but this one straight off the bat says 280 and that's what I get, does the computer learn from driving patterns then gives an estimated millage? I doubt il get 500 miles in this verso lol, when you used to top up did it say on the computer dash board 500 miles? Iv done a mixture of local and motor way driving and I can't see any evidence of the millage increasing, it strictly shows 280,  my avensis full tank used to cost me £50 and I used to get around 320 miles, so this verso is costing me £10 extra as a full tank is £60 and I'm getting less miles something definitely doesn't seem right! Any help or advice would be much appreciated thanks 

15 hours ago, zoomaj said:

when I got around to servicing it, there is some evidence of engine sludge, I have fully serviced the car now, and put new oil and filters

does the computer learn from driving patterns then gives an estimated millage? I doubt il get 500 miles in this verso lol, when you used to top up did it say on the computer dash board 500 miles? 

What was the sludge evidence?  

The computer works out the range from the average mpg.  It was a while ago when I owned mine but I'm pretty sure it said (around?) 500 miles range.  I always reset the average when I filled the tank.

On 18/01/2018 at 5:51 PM, alan333 said:

My 05 plate 1.8vvti Avensis did about 500 miles to a tank, or about 45-50 mpg.  Yours seems to be doing about 26mpg.  Your £60 buys about 49 litres of petrol @ £1.22.  That's about 10.8 gallons.  280 miles divided by 10.8 gals equals 26mpg.  There's something wrong with your car unless you're doing really short journeys with a permanently cold engine.

The dipstick was very black and charred, which I couldn't get clean once wiped, and the oil filler cap once removed had deposits of sludgy  oil. Iv also messaged a few people on Auto Trader asking for fuel economy on people selling toyota corolla versos and everyone is saying around 350-400 miles, so it does seem there is something wrong with mine, thing is iv done a full service, iv changed the oil and filter, air filter, Spark plugs,  only thing I haven't added is a sludge cleaner, but my mechanic has advised to drive about 5000 miles for the oil filter to pick up all the dirty oil deposits then do the sludge treatment. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links