Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Aygo Radio

Annekas1991

Hi All

i have a 2017 aygo and the radio dosent want to lock on to any channel when on the move. It’s fine when you are stationary but when moving it won’t lock onto any station not even radio 1 which you can get everywhere. Just wondered if it was a common fault with the aygo, I have replaced the aerial but that hasn’t work just wondered if it was common before I take it too the dealer. 

Thanks in advance. 

AM/FM or DAB, standard headunit or touch screen ?

Yes that’s what I’m going to do just woundered if it was common or not before I take it to my dealer

This doesn’t sound like a common fault to me as I’ve never noticed it on my Aygo.

Have the stations that won’t lock been stored as preset/station or have you searched for them manually by frequency? 

What exactly happens when it loses the station. What button has been pressed and/or what is displayed?

It’s when you search manually it just won’t lock onto any station when on the move. It just keeps going round in a loop through the frequencies but dosnt pick anything up. I am going to take it to the dealer and see what they have to say, I put a new aerial on but that hasn’t worked. 

If I’m reading this correctly have you tried searching for the stations before moving, storing them as presets and then see what happens? I’ve never tried manually searching for stations on the move just flicking through the presets

The preset stations that I have stored are all crackerly that’s why I changed the aerial as I thought it may be that. Thats why I search manually but it won’t lock on so I will see what Toyota say. 

Thanks for the advice 😀

Rather than replace the aerial, suppose it would have been better to let the dealer sort it - and if any replacement parts were required, they would have been replaced under warranty.

I have put the old aerial back on and taken the other one back as it didn’t solve it and got a refund. Going Toyota on Monday 

There is a function called Alternative frequency (AF) this makes the radio constantly look for a better/stronger signal for the station you are on, when this is on the initials AF are displayed on screen,  however I cannot for the life of me remember how to switch it on atm

I will have a look through the settings. Thanks for the help

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links