Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

LED Indicator Bulbs

tarantula_123

Hi,

Does anybody have any idea which LED bulbs will fit the front and rear of a 2003 Corolla T - Sport?

I ordered four of the bulbs below off eBay but the pins are offset, rather than parallel, so they won't slot in to the two grooves in the socket, of which I tried only the rear.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2X-Car-12V-18-SMD-LED-5050-581-BAU15S-1156-PY21W-Bulbs-Indicator-Orange-Amber/152585274528?hash=item2386ca84a0:g:nEQAAOSwHLNZQPxS

I've queried this with the seller, but looking at some other similar listings from different sellers, they appear to list the same pin style, where they are closer together, rather than having one on one side, and the other directly opposite on the other side.

Thanks.

Hi,

Its all in the bulb code.

BAU15   / PY21 is the Offset Type

BA15   / P21  is the Parallel type

Thanks for the reply. The parrallel bulb you mentioned works fine for rear indicators. I am not sure for front though as I have read they are the offset type pins? It is hard to just take the old bulb out and check on the front though, as I'm sure your aware, there is very little access.

All in all, I'm not having a great deal of joy with LED bulbs atm.

I bought a set of these two LED bulbs below: 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/T20-P21W-382-1156-BA15S-19-LED-TAIL-INDICATOR-CAR-BULBS-YELLOW-AMBER/372177061071?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/19-LED-380-RED-REAR-STOP-BRAKE-TAIL-LIGHT-BULBS-LAMPS-1157-BAY15D-P21W-12V-PAIR/371503850214?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

They both fit fine, but the amber ones are not as bright as my original incandescent bulbs, plus, the red brake/tail lights don't light up. This has left me wondering whether they have arrived damaged or are the wrong bulbs.

I also replaced my reverse bulbs with LED's, without any problems.

Thanks.

Hi,

Have only ever fitted  leds to the front sidelights and similarly very disappointed  by the low intensity.

Wonder if part of it is to do with the reflectors which are designed to optimize incandescent bulbs , whereas the leds are very narrow front facing beams and often need optics to give them the correct spread.

Have you tried testing  the brake/tail ones with a couple of  wires from a 12v Battery to prove they are ok ?

7 hours ago, oldcodger said:

Wonder if part of it is to do with the reflectors which are designed to optimize incandescent bulbs , whereas the leds are very narrow front facing beams and often need optics to give them the correct spread.

This is one reason why LEDs other than E-marked are not legal for road use.  Usually the whole light unit (bulb, housing etc.) is tested for E-marking.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links