Phil White

Used GT86 Purchase.

Recommended Posts

I am looking for a used GT86 as the finance on a brand new one is far too expensive for me and i think i have found one at a Toyota dealer not too far away from me as my local dealer don't have any used ones in stock.

Its a 2015 auto as it's the auto i am wanting. It has 7,600 miles on the clock and is priced at just over 17k so the finance options are within my budget.

I made a call to the dealer who are sending me a video of the car and i plan on going to visit them ASAP.

I will keep you posted of the outcome.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Well i made my purchase today, a 15 plate GT86 Auto in red with 7,400 miles on the clock. I was impressed with the test drive and i am collecting it next weekend so goodbye Aygo you have served me well.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I phoned my insurance company tonight to get a quote for the GT86 and its only £70 a year more than i was paying for the insurance on my Aygo, not a bad deal and I'm well happy as a result.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's quite funny, just goes to show the insurance category of a car is meaningless!

We found a similar thing when we were playing with insurance specs - At that time my old Yaris was quoted the same cost to insure as a Celica!

Good news for you tho' - Got a more fun car without being penalised for it! Have fun with it! :naughty:
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good luck...and I'm sure you'll enjoy the 86.!

Had I stayed with the sports car theme after my Celica, the 86 was probably the one I would have gone for.

Sadly my ageing back declared otherwise and I had to go for maximum long distance comfort.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I collected my GT86 yesterday afternoon from RRG Toyota Salford Quays and drove it home to Wigan and i am really impressed.

The most disappointing thing is the factory head unit has not got the optional navigation installed but that might be an option to consider depending on the cost as the one in my 64 plate Aygo was not very good and i have no idea what it would be like if fitted.

I will be getting the DSLR camera out and getting some photos taken when i get a minute.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Phil White said:

The most disappointing thing is the factory head unit has not got the optional navigation installed but that might be an option to consider depending on the cost as the one in my 64 plate Aygo was not very good and i have no idea what it would be like if fitted.

Enjoy the new-to-you car. :cool:

It's a different nav system from the Aygo (think that PSA were the lead on the ICE for the Aygo rather than Toyota).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hope the new car works out well for you.

On the sat nav, when I bought my Auris one of my must haves was a sat nav. However now I wouldn't bother. Having discovered an app called Waze on my mobile, I have no need for a car sat nav. Waze is free, always up to date and is good at routing around traffic jams.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a quick update after using my car over the past couple of weeks.

I took the car back to the dealer yesterday for a few issues to be addressed.

1/ There is an annoying rattle behind the instrument panel that happens every time from a cold start

2/ The interior trim is coming away on the left rear quarter panel.

The Toyota dealer have put me in a loan car till this is sorted over the coming week.

Overall i am happy with it and have got my private reg on it now too. Next job is to replace the head unit for something that has DAB built in and Apple Car Play and i have been looking at a nice Pioneer unit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you need to update your profile to include the GT86

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Do you need to update your profile to include the GT86

Yes i do as i had forgot that thanks so i will update it now.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Phil White said:

Next job is to replace the head unit for something that has DAB built in and Apple Car Play and i have been looking at a nice Pioneer unit.

would have thought that it would have had DAB already but of course it won't have Apple CarPlay.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 18/02/2018 at 7:56 PM, Heidfirst said:

would have thought that it would have had DAB already but of course it won't have Apple CarPlay.

The radio is quite basic compared to the 64 plate Aygo i had, Not to worry though.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So i have finally bought a Pioneer head unit, the SPH-DA230DAB which has a good spec, no nav but i'm not bothered about that. Also i treated myself to some Valenti LED tail lights so i have plenty of fitting to do when i get chance.

The head unit and tail lights have set me back the best part of £900 quid so thats my spending done for a while.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 04/02/2018 at 6:21 PM, myriagon said:

Hope the new car works out well for you.

On the sat nav, when I bought my Auris one of my must haves was a sat nav. However now I wouldn't bother. Having discovered an app called Waze on my mobile, I have no need for a car sat nav. Waze is free, always up to date and is good at routing around traffic jams.

 

I got the Waze App for my iPhone and my new pioneer head unit has support for Waze and Apple Car Play so I'm sorted with what i need.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you have purchased it already whats your review of it? Is it workign fine or you have to make any expenses in it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/2/2018 at 3:59 PM, RUToyota said:

Good luck...and I'm sure you'll enjoy the 86.!

Had I stayed with the sports car theme after my Celica, the 86 was probably the one I would have gone for.

Sadly my ageing back declared otherwise and I had to go for maximum long distance comfort.

Is it really that bad during long distance?  I've had two short test drives and apart from one large pot hole which jolted the car quite severely, the ride didn't feel too harsh to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/31/2018 at 6:52 PM, Phil White said:

I phoned my insurance company tonight to get a quote for the GT86 and its only £70 a year more than i was paying for the insurance on my Aygo, not a bad deal and I'm well happy as a result.

What company are you with?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/19/2019 at 4:09 AM, olddriver said:

Is it really that bad during long distance?  I've had two short test drives and apart from one large pot hole which jolted the car quite severely, the ride didn't feel too harsh to me.

No...it isn't just the GT86...pretty much any low slung sports car.

I just wanted the out and out luxury, room and comfort (and height) of a larger vehicle...the Estima ticked all the boxes and still gave me 3 litres of hooligan power when I fancied it...lol

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/19/2019 at 4:10 AM, olddriver said:

What company are you with?

I am with AXA

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now