Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Stuck in the mud

Mark Boulton

Just sharing this in case anyone else is unwise enough to drive onto waterlogged grass (though there were good reasons and it was after midnight).

returning home late and not wishing to activate my alarm system I pulled onto soft grass. The following morning there was no way the car would move forwards or backwards. Scaring u- tube was a bit scaring since it appears it was easy to do some damage. I found out there is a big screw-in eye in the tool kit that can be fitted through the front bumper by removing a small flap but this isn’t much help if there is no way of getting a tractor or other tow vehicle in front of the car. It therefore had to be towed out backwards. We found out there is a towing eye on the near side back which I didn’t find mentioned elsewhere. When checking on google. Car was started and put into neutral and pulled out easily with a tractor. 

In future don’t park on soft grass or crack in( in my case) and ensure front wheels are on hard surface!

I used to have good reason to drive off road late at night and it was nothing to do with alarm systems!!!!!!!!!!!!! But I was young and it was a long time ago!!!!!!!!!!! Never got stuck, well not in the mud or grass anyway!!!!!!!!!!! Good memories!!!!!!!!!!!  

You would be surprised how many times it happens, in fact, the AA and RAC will often not recover a car that has been parked up like that

There was a post by Cheshire Police over the weekend where a lorry (just the tractor unit) on the A49 near Warrington decided to do a U turn over a grass central reservation (no barrier) the lorry got stuck and in fact the wheels sunk in such wet conditions. It caused HOURS of tailbacks whilst it was recovered, much embarrassment and possibly points to the driver PLUS a substantial recovery bill :rolleyes:

Never park on grass or soft verges, it might cost a lot in recovery charges or result in damage 

Kingo :thumbsup: 

• Like 1