Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fuel consumption

Curbs

Hi everyone only owned my rav since beginning of January.

Its a 2002 2.0 ltr manual 128,000 miles I've changed all filters and oil. But can anyone tell me if the fuel consumption is OK , it did 247miles, averaged 26.7 mpg average speed was 25mph.

Perhaps its just me but I was expecting better than that. 

Thanks Ian

MPG is governed by so many factors, Ian....driving style, type of journeys (ie short runs?), vehicle condition etc...not forgetting that you'll always see a fall in mpg in the Winter months.

I don't think your figure is horrendously low and will no doubt improve as the weather improves.

• Like 1

My 2 litre auto does about 21 in the winter and 24 in the summer - mostly short runs around Jersey, so that's consistent with your experience.  It did do 28 on it's first tankful, but I was going very gently - haven't got the patience to keep that up :smile:

Thats a pretty low avg speed so it looks like a lot of urban running. My 3 door 2002 nrg petrol manual running up and down the a14 and m6 at around 65mph would return around 31 winter and 33 to 34 summer, best i had was car empty same trip summer and according to the onboard readout 38mpg. Around town i would expect around 27 mpg. Wish i hadn't p/exd it at 138k miles,i got a complete dog of an xtr d4d in return. The petrol 4.2 ravs are the best. 

Tony

Hi from Paul....My 2006 XT5 2 Litre Auto @ 57000 ( allegedly)  does around 29 -31 urban  and around 36 -38 on long trip ...just my two penneth

Thank you all for your reply , it was just a little bit of a shock lol my celica gen7 I just sold averaged 34 mpg and I drive the rav a lot more sensible , bring on the warmer weather let's see if it improves.

Dont forget you're going from an aerodynamic 2 wd celica to an aerodynamic permanent 4x4 brick. You wont avg 34 mpg with a petrol rav,but reliability and driveability ,they're up there with the best, i refueled mine 3 times in 1 day on a long autoroute run.

• Like 1