Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2007 D4D - Excessive Water/moisture in boot and Car!

astrobhoy

the boot in my 2007 D4D was absolutely soaked when I first took ownership of it - I mean drenched!!!  I've had a 2004 hatchback before and know that the moisture and dampnss is terrible - but this is a whole new level of bad.  the moisture in the car it'self is not good and now have a squeegee to wipe the windows when I'm driving around just now!  It's terrible.   Would this be a case of replacing the boot seals or somehting else.  Is it an expensive job and are there any other alternatives to resolving the issue?

The panel joints hidden by the roof trims are probably letting in moisture, as I had the same problem with a 2002 Avensis D4d. It will require the trims to be loosened (held on by adhesive), at the rear only, and a leak sealant applied, I used "Dr. Tolley's Creeping Crack Cure" as recommended by other forum users. This eliminated the leaks. You may find further advice on the Avensis forum

thanks Jaybird - don't suppose there is a visual aid you can point me to so that I know exactly what to remove?!

From what I can see the black plastic roof trims only run down the sides of the car?  Is that what you are referring to?

Check the boot vents at each side of the car, behind the boot trim, at bumper height.  The seals fail causing water to run down when raining, or thrown up by wheels when driving.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links