Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Carina 1987 Parts

jonny5533

Hi All

Got a 1987 Toyota Carina ii GL Saloon Auto (AT151)

The fuel gauge sender unit has died (the copper wire broke)

Does anyone know where I could source a new fuel sender unit from, or does anyone have one lying around.

I did manage to find one in the usa but its going to cost an arm and a leg to get it.

Failing that does somewhere repair the fuel sender units at all?

Thanks

Thanls 2sav sadly he doesnt want to help me out "parts car for his use only"

Need a sender unit 4inch diameter with 7 screw holes and about 5inch distance to end of the float

Do you have the part no? Likely an alt fitting, possibly Corolla/Celica/Camry :wink:

Problem with ALL old European Toyyos >>> straight off to four corners of the earth. They are Car Breakers Gold!

BOL m8

2sav

According the epc im looking at a 83320-80016, The fuel sender in the car has no numbers what so ever.

But i got 83320-29797, ""-29796, ""-29798, ""-29898 that may fit as a carina, but non of these fitted other cars

This rate i will stick one out of my morris minor into it with an adaptor plate to the tank haha

As the 'working bit' is a rheostat that drives a Toyota gauge... I might guess that other Toyota fuel senders are in a zone of calibration/compatibility.

Perhaps finding 'any' Toyota fuel sender (ignoring float arm) which is the same configuration into the tank hole/dia/screwholes.

Its a thought :wacko:

2sav

Thanks 2sav could be an idea.

By a unit thats from a similar era and take it apart to put that rheostat into my original one.

Thanks for your advice :)

11 hours ago, jonny5533 said:

Thanks 2sav could be an idea.

By a unit thats from a similar era and take it apart to put that rheostat into my original one.

Thanks for your advice :)

http://rustingsun.blogspot.co.uk/2014/11/repairing-your-ae86-fuel-gauge.html?m=1

This guy has done it (often!!)

2sav

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links