Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

DPF location

French Bob

I have a 2006 2.0l Avensis. Can anyone tell me where the darn thing is. Thanks. 

Hi Bob, welcome to TOC :smile:

It's highly unlikely that a 2006 UK 2.0 D4D has a DPF. if you open the bonnet does the engine have D4D or D-CAT on it?

D4D. I think. The car went into limp mode. I put an OBD on the car. The fault came up as the DPF being faulty. So I assumed it has one

What was the fault code?

Hmmm, can't remember. It said dpf fault. Sorry to be so vague. The car is not with me at the moment, perhaps I should have waited and not started this thread yet! But post more on Friday.

Hi, sorry for the delay.

1. Engine is D CAT

2. Fault code is P2002

3. Read out is DPF EFFICIENCY BELOW THRESHOLD BANK

4. On the dash the Traction off light and vehicle stability lights are illuminated.

Any help greatly appreciated

OK if it is a 2.0 D-Cat then its a late 1CD engine, the DPF is in the exhaust manifold dropping away from the turbo down to the front exhaust pipe and P2002 means the DPF is clogged and needs regenerating if you can't do that through a good motorway drive then a forced regen is required. The DPF fault will have set the Engine management light on because of this the VSC and TRC systems are disabled resulting in warning lights for them as well.

Untitled.png

Hi, sorry for the delay.

1. Engine is D CAT

2. Fault code is P2002

3. Read out is DPF EFFICIENCY BELOW THRESHOLD BANK

4. On the dash the Traction off light and vehicle stability lights are illuminated.

Any help greatly appreciated

Salve. Devo acquistare una avensis t25 D4D. Qualcuno sa fino a che anno l'anno fatta senza filtro anti particolato (DPF). Grazie mille 

49 minutes ago, Taban said:

Salve. Devo acquistare una avensis t25 D4D. Qualcuno sa fino a che anno l'anno fatta senza filtro anti particolato (DPF). Grazie mille 

I found this - https://www.dieselnet.com/news/2003/10toyota.php

Not every diesel had this, and it depends on the market. 

• 5 years later...

Hi!

Me and my father are desperately looking for help to replace dpf on 2007 Avensis 2.0 diesel (126hp). Haynes does not provide that service, the chart above here helps a little, but my old man (74) needs a step-by-step recipe for this job, which is nowhere to be found by googling.  So many thanks to Devon A that gave us an explanation on why VSC and TRC lights have been lighting up like a christmas tree ever since the car was bought last year (Toyota repair shop did not know, and nothing showed on diagnostics board)! We deny to pay £ 2500 for having this job done. The new dpf came by mail today, and my father is eager to get it replaced. Would so much appreciate an answer! 

I don't want to swear in church, but we also have a rover 75 that needed some care, and the repair video that the youtube user DPN made regarding "Replacing the Timing Cam Belt on our Rover 75 K series engine" I think should have been a standard model sent out from all car manufacturers for how to make video manuals for all work that can be done by us/those who are able to do car DIY's. 

Anywhooo....we'd really appreciate an answer to how to go about replacing dpf on this car. With love from Norway 😍

On 1/26/2018 at 7:45 PM, Devon Aygo said:

OK if it is a 2.0 D-Cat then its a late 1CD engine, the DPF is in the exhaust manifold dropping away from the turbo down to the front exhaust pipe and P2002 means the DPF is clogged and needs regenerating if you can't do that through a good motorway drive then a forced regen is required. The DPF fault will have set the Engine management light on because of this the VSC and TRC systems are disabled resulting in warning lights for them as well.

Untitled.png

i have a 2014 d4d toyota avensis i see the dpf id in a really hard to get place behind the engine at  the back it looks a real pain to get out if i have any problems later on is that where im looking at is where it is 

Do you have the 1AD or 2WW ? the 2ww has a cat and a DPF, 1 and 2AD has just the one combined cat/dpf or D-Cat

eg. 1AD

11025.jpg

2WW all 1 piece

thumb?id=20444400&m=1&n=0&lng=en&ccf=940

1 hour ago, flash22 said:

Do you have the 1AD or 2WW ? the 2ww has a cat and a DPF, 1 and 2AD has just the one combined cat/dpf or D-Cat

eg. 1AD

11025.jpg

2WW all 1 piece

thumb?id=20444400&m=1&n=0&lng=en&ccf=940

not sure if you talking to me but mine is a 1ADFTV engine 2.0

thank you so much for responses!

it is indeed a 1AD 

we were told to remove the exhaust system and the drive shaft on the right side. Is there anything else we have to be aware of?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links