Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Changing rear pads?

kt66

First time I've done this on the Auris and understand it can be a faff? 

I have a right handed tool to compress the pistons - is this correct?  Any suggestions on decent pads would be good - there's a real range on prices it seems.. 

I'm hoping it's a 20min job but suspect it may not be! 

Thanks 

2 hours ago, kt66 said:

I'm hoping it's a 20min job but suspect it may not be! 

It's never a 20 min job.  By the time you fit chocks, jack up each side, fit axle stands, remove wheels, remove the old pads, wind the caliper back, clean up and lubricate all the relevant surfaces and slider mechanisms etc, and refit - bargain yourself a couple/few hours.  If you try it with limited time you'll break something or lose an important part, just as sod's law dictates.  

• Like 2

Is that from experience by any chance ?!

Do I have the correct caliper tool though ? ( mine's right handed and I think there's different types...)

Thanks

22 hours ago, kt66 said:

Is that from experience by any chance ?!

Do I have the correct caliper tool though ? ( mine's right handed and I think there's different types...)

Sod's law always kicks in when I do jobs with limited time.  Tackle the same job when I've got all day and it goes as smooth as a baby's bum.

I've not changed brakes on your particular car so can't comment on the direction to wind back the calipers.  

• Like 2

If Toyota are consistent, you will need a left handed wind back tool or multi car kit - 

20171112_113102.thumb.jpg.351f6ac7abee782e92f677d42a6ed92d.jpg

I bought my kit online. Try both Amazon or eBay using the term "brake wind back tool". 
https://www.amazon.co.uk/ReaseJoy-Universal-Caliper-Piston-Rewind/dp/B01FW2W03U/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?ie=UTF8&qid=1517065431&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=brake+wind+back+tool&psc=1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links