Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Aygo TTE parts?

Bike_loon

8 minutes ago, Bike_loon said:

I already have a rev counter being the "Sport" version lol, but yeah they add to the interior too.

On the mirrors, I used GT85 ( bit like WD40 ) as it is thinner and penetrates and creeps easier. Just tilt the mirror to the side and give a good squirt in the gap, then do the same with the other side and top and bottom. If you want you can pry the mirror cover off and spray some through the hole that the 3 cables go through.

After that move the mirror glass around by hand to loosen it all up and when it moves more freely, you will find that it will work fine using the adjuster in the car.

Thank you so much Bike-loon, 

I didnt think of gt85, i could have got away with it since there arent any electronics to worry about, my hand picked up the white grease can and away i went.

Now tell me please, you mentioned i could PRY off the mirror cover, do you mean the mirrored glass panel OR the actual silver cover on the rear? Either way how would i complete that task without damaging a thing? 

I’d like to resolve my mirror issue by Friday since i have it booked in for an MOT this Saturday, i have no idea if it’d be a failure in the fact that the adjusters dont adjust as they should?

Thank you for your input btw

The silver cover on the back. I used a very thin flat bladed screwdriver to get between the mirror casing and gently pry it off as it just clips in. My passenger side one came off easily but the drivers side one didnt so rather than try and force it and risk scratching it or breaking it I just sprayed behind the glass from the front.

It is not an MOT failure if the adjuster does not work, so dont worry :)

• 3 months later...

Bit of an update... the girlfriend passed her test in April so ownership has transferred over to her... car is still in one piece so far and passed its MOT the other day with no advisories at all.

I must admit, I do miss driving the little roller skate from time to time!

• 1 year later...

So the Aygo ( now called Isaac apparently) is still going strong, just flew through its MOT again with no advisories again. In the time I have owned it, it has covered 15,000 miles and only had expenses of 2 x oil and filter changes, 1 set of plugs and coil packs.

Cheap motoring!

20 hours ago, Bike_loon said:

So the Aygo ( now called Isaac apparently) is still going strong, just flew through its MOT again with no advisories again. In the time I have owned it, it has covered 15,000 miles and only had expenses of 2 x oil and filter changes, 1 set of plugs and coil packs.

Cheap motoring!

Hi bike loon,

do you mind if I ask why you changed your coil packs please?

One of them packed up causing the car to run on 2 cylinders so I replaced all 3 as the other 2 would not be far behind failing as well

23 hours ago, Bike_loon said:

One of them packed up causing the car to run on 2 cylinders so I replaced all 3 as the other 2 would not be far behind failing as well

Cheers bike loon, how did you know the 1 had packed up?

As above..faulty coil pack means no spark on that cylinder, which means the car runs on 2 cylinders instead of 3. You would notice

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links