Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris 2007 D4D DPF or Not?

BDpoop

Hello.  Forgive me for diving straight in with a question as a newbie but I am considering a 2007 Diesel Yaris to replace my ageing Golf TDI.  However I need to know for certain that this car does not have DPF.  Im pretty sure it does not but doing some research there is little info out there and some of it conflicts.  I do about 6000 miles per year now but live out in the sticks and most of it is country road driving not town driving.

I know it probably makes more sense to get a petrol but I like the torque and pull of the little diesels as well as the MPG.

Anything else I need to look out for on one of these?

Thanks

Welcome to Toyota Owners Club.

Moved to the Yaris club.

i think all diesel cars after 2006-on have a dpf

42 minutes ago, monkeydave said:

No - see the following extracted from one of Devon Aygo's posts in 2013:

"It is possible that this is the case in other countries with different emission regulations, but in the UK the history of the 1ND 1.4 D4d is :

Introduced in MK1 Yaris in Late 2001 as a 75bhp 5 speed manual

Contined in MK2 but now with 90bhp 5 Speed manual or 5 speed multimode transmission.

Major revision of the engine in 2009 with new cylinder head and block design with a new injection system, retains 90bhp but gains 10nm of torque and a 6 speed manual or multimode transmission. Mid 2010 see's the addition of a Dpf filter to meet Euro 5 emission regulations.

MK3 is as late MK2 all models include Dpf however the UK does not include 6 speed multimode transmission.

The above is a brief run down of the UK history, this may differ in other countries."

9 hours ago, monkeydave said:

Within the EU only became mandatory for all new models from Autumn of 2009 & all cars including existing models in the Autumn of 2011.

Thanks for all the help.  However Ive discounted diesels full stop now.   Either the older ones none DPF could be trouble down the line or with the newer ones I dont do enough miles to warrant one with a DPF and all the trouble it might bring.  Ive gone and bought a Hyundai Petrol i10 1.2.  Bit sad but there you go. Cheers

• 1 year later...

I've just come from a large Toyota dealer (Jan 2020) and a mechanic looked carefully at my wife's 1.4 March 2009 Yaris Diesel. He stated that in 2009 the cars were in transition, moving towards having a DPF in 2010. He said he was certain that the car did not have a DPF, only a catalyst convertor. He told me that this engine "will last forever".

Only 2010 plate onwards have dpf.

Its late 09 but it all depends on the VIN, unless you're doing the miles diesels makes no sense a modern petrol will do the same if not better MPG, with no worries when the emissions regs get tighter in 2021 - TDIgate took a lot of cars off the road, the MOT change killed off another lot with values dropping of older diesels, the congestion charge being increased as well on older euro 4 diesels

To add to that a few larger citys are going into ULEZ

27 minutes ago, flash22 said:

unless you're doing the miles diesels makes no sense

That only applies when buying new.  

I prefer the diesel power and the way it is delivered.

Even buying used these days, taking into account the cost of diesel - unless your running it on red

15 minutes ago, flash22 said:

Even buying used these days, taking into account the cost of diesel - unless your running it on red

The cost of diesel works out less than the cost of petrol because of the increased MPG. 

What does it matter if you run it on red? 

6 minutes ago, Stivino said:

What does it matter if you run it on red? 

Red diesel (intended only for off-road vehicles and machinery) has a lower level of tax applied, so is cheaper than white diesel.

9 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Red diesel (intended only for off-road vehicles and machinery) has a lower level of tax applied, so is cheaper than white diesel.

Yes, I know that. I thought he meant in the red as in the fuel gauge. Duh!

Diesel still works out as the cheaper option.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links