Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Looking to buy a Prius

batfan

1 hour ago, Cyker said:

...I've very rarely seen alloys in good condition...

One of the things I like about the wheel trims on the Gen 2 Prius, and Gen 3/4 with 15" wheels was that they protect the alloys - all of my cars have had alloys looking like new when I sold them.

On one of my early experiments with the auto parking on my current Gen 4, as it went to do the final move forward to centre in the space, it inexplicably put quite a bit of left lock on very rapidly, faster than I could react even though the car was moving very slowly and stuffed the wheel into a very spiteful high and rough kerb that looked like it was made of granite!  I was not terribly happy, but preferred shelling £30 for a new trim rather than having the alloy refurbished!

11 hours ago, Cyker said:

Weirdly, I've very rarely seen alloys in good condition when I've been car hunting; Both Mk1 Yarises I've owned had shocking alloys. Is partly why I deliberately sought out one with steel wheels this time round so I don't have to care!

How much did you flog the 1.4D for if you don't mind me asking?

It was in really good condition with just under 70,000 miles. I did webuyanycar.com and they came up with £2595 but there is a £50 admin fee - and I reckon once you present for inspection they start knocking the figure down - no experience but thats what I reckon will happen.  Dont know the local dealer, had our 2 cars MOT there last year but changed hands since.  I was asking for £2800 on the basis it had a Mr T recall May 2015 resulting in a new turbo charger.   He was after £2500 - too low for me so went in at £2600 with 2 free MOTs.  We settled at £2600 plus one MOT.  Settled it all yesterday before my insurance ran out on the Yaris.  

Still looking to buy a Gen 3 or low mileage Gen 2....nobody selling?? Not many around at the moment....could be the weather :-(

In the meantime, what do people think of the Lexus ct 200h? Looks well kitted out inside but I still think the Prius will suit me better....more space as well....?

Anybody owned one?

16 minutes ago, batfan said:

Still looking to buy a Gen 3 or low mileage Gen 2....nobody selling?? Not many around at the moment....could be the weather :-(

In the meantime, what do people think of the Lexus ct 200h? Looks well kitted out inside but I still think the Prius will suit me better....more space as well....?

Anybody owned one?

CT200h is a nicely appointed car inside, but very tight for space, especially rear legroom and an incredibly hard ride.  I really wanted one a few years ago, but I found the ride was punishing.  The facelift was slightly better, but not much.

I liked the idea of some of the equipment, like the electrically operated seats on the top model, but couldn't live with a modern digital display and the Head Up Display.  Also, they feel claustrophobic inside, while I love the airy feeling in the Prius.

1 hour ago, Harters said:

CT200h is a nicely appointed car inside, but very tight for space, especially rear legroom and an incredibly hard ride.  I really wanted one a few years ago, but I found the ride was punishing.

Before I got my Yaris Hybrid, I had a test drive in a CT200h. I aborted the drive after 1 minute as the ride was far too harsh and so was a waste of time continuing.

Next door neighbour has a CT200h, and externally at least (IMO) it's a much better looking car than my Gen3, but I prefer the digital dash on the Gen3, the fact that it gets more mileage (I mean, that's one of the reasons why buy a hybrid right?)and the CT has a stiffer ride (arguably better handling though), and smaller boot.

The CT is not by any stretch of the imagination a bad car, far from it, it's just quite a different proposition, despite being on the same (similar?, I know the CT has more power?, anything else?) platform

2 hours ago, Mike J. said:

Before I got my Yaris Hybrid, I had a test drive in a CT200h. I aborted the drive after 1 minute as the ride was far too harsh and so was a waste of time continuing.

That's a minute more than me - once I saw the dash, and found even the most expensive one didn't have the HUD, I lost all interest.

I'm surprised a supposed quality marque like Lexus hasn't done what Audi are doing, and fitting a completely graphic dash that where the user can chose dials, numerals or combined gauges.

1 hour ago, danowat said:

...I know the CT has more power?, anything else?) platform

Are you sure?  I'd always understood it had exactly the same Hybrid system as the Gen 3 Prius.

Not sure if ti's lighter (or heavier for that matter), and I seriously doubt it matches the Prius 0.25 CD (Drag Coefficient) (15" wheel model).

Yeah, you're right, looks like I was fed duff information when I was looking for cars last year!

I'd rather have an Auris Excel than pay the premium for the Lexus Badge on the CT200.

15 minutes ago, kithmo said:

I'd rather have an Auris Excel than pay the premium for the Lexus badge on the CT200.

AND only get a 3 year warranty on the Lexus!

• Like 1

The CT200 is based on the Auris, and is due for replacement soon (probably by a C-HR based crossover)

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, kithmo said:

I'd rather have an Auris Excel than pay the premium for the Lexus badge on the CT200.

What's the ride like with those kithmo? They do look similar to the Lexus.

I test drove a CT200 before getting an Auris last year. CT200 was the first HST car I was in and I almost abandoned looking for a hybrid altogether after I was done. The ride was incredibly bouncy and felt so bad I was happy to get out and never looked back. Luckily I got a test drive in an Auris lined up for the next day and it was like day and night.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, batfan said:

What's the ride like with those kithmo? They do look similar to the Lexus.

Not sure on the latest models, but I had a Mk1 Auris hybrid T-spirit (17" wheels) as a courtesy car when my old Gen 3 was in for some work and the ride was very similar to the Gen 3 but with slightly less road noise.

road noise is also heavily dependant on the tyres and wheel size.

My Gen 3 had 15" wheels and road noise seemed quieter than any I drove with 17", plus when I needed new tyres I switched to Dunlop Blue Response which ad a low claimed noise rating and good wet grip and economy.

The improvement in road noise was very obvious.

tyre-road noise doesnt bother me..... I wear hearing aids and just turn them off!   :biggrin:

Its a habbit I picked up in the house so I cant hear the wife.    I am so glad she doent read this forum.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, PeteB said:

road noise is also heavily dependant on the tyres and wheel size.

I agree to some extent, but my Gen 3 had Michelin Supremacy tyres, which are supposed to be one of the quietest and it was pretty noisy on anything but smooth tarmac. The road noise was the main reason I traded the Gen 3 in for a Prius+ which had 17" Toyo Proxes R35 and was a lot quieter. The Gen 4 I have now is not quite as quiet as the Prius+ was, in terms of road noise, this has  17" Toyo Nanoenergy R41 tyres, but it's way quieter than the Gen 3 was. Apart from the road noise, the Gen 3 was a great car and I would have kept it longer.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links