Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Key fob programming

billblackeye

Hello everybody,

I am new to the forum and also just bought my first car. It is a 2000 Corolla G6 facelift with the vvti engine.
Enough with the introduction, lets get to the issue. When I bought it the owner gave me one key, the one with the lock and unlock function. He did not use the remote lock so the batteries were dead but he told me once you replace them it will work. I replaced them and it didnt work. The indication light worked but no response from the car.
I searched the net and found some threads talking about a sequence of closing and opening doors, inserting key in the ignition etc. I tried some of them and they did not seemed to work because i got no response from the car.
Does anybody know if the remote control is programmable?

Guys I really appreciate your help.

Welcome to Toyota Owners Club.

Moved to the Corolla club.

• Thanks 1

Nothing? Should I go to a locksmith and ask there? 

There are various methods of programming which may or may not work depending on model. For example - 

10 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

There are various methods of programming which may or may not work depending on model. For example - 

Thanks for the answer. I have found various ways to reprogramm so I guess I will have to test everyone out and find out the hard way.

TBH, you may as well stump up the money to buy a 2nd key programmed by Toyota and get them to fix this one at the same time. If you lose all the master keys, it's very expensive to get one created from scratch as the ECU needs to be cracked or replaced.

15 hours ago, Cyker said:

TBH, you may as well stump up the money to buy a 2nd key programmed by Toyota and get them to fix this one at the same time. If you lose all the master keys, it's very expensive to get one created from scratch as the ECU needs to be cracked or replaced.

Yeah I know I have to make another one but at the moment there are some more important things I have to take care of. 
Toyota will overcharge for this kind of service. There are locksmiths that make you a new key fob without remote locking for 30-40 euro. I just wanted to know wheather I can easily programm my remote lock. 
Thnaks for the reply 

If you can find the right procedure it's pretty easy - I bought a fresh transponder module for my old Yaris and programmed both the remote central locking and immobilizer myself so it can be done!

The trickiest part is finding the programming instructions for your car, then getting the hang of them so you can do it confidently and fast enough!

You have to do all of the stamp brake 6 times, open shut door 5 times, do a little dance etc. within a relatively short time frame - Took me several attempts to get it to work. It's a bit nerve-wracking since you have no way of knowing if you're doing the wrong procedure or just not doing it fast enough!

re. third-party locksmiths, just be aware that (AFAIK!) NO auto-locksmith can make a real key for 30-40 euros: What they actually do is clone the transponder code of your existing key onto an RFID chip - Sadly Toyota are the only source of 'fresh' blanks. If you can find the proper programming instructions (Or a copy of Toyota Techstream - Supposedly you can program a key into the ECU with that too but I've never tried it!), you can get the remote module block, rather than a whole key, from Toyota and get a third-party keyblade blank from eBay and get it cut and programmed yourself that way; Saves about £50-60.

• 3 weeks later...

I found the programming instructions for the remote but I think I have a problem with the current remote I have. From what I've found it is a e12 remote, the later model of mine and the frequency is defferent. 
I was searching e-bay to find an uncut remote for my vehicle but I have a problem. There seem to be two types of chips. A 4C and a 4D67. The only thing that I have from the previous key (which PROBABLY is from the previous key-aka the right one) is a broken case with sum codes and stuff. Can somebody help me find what chip I need? The blade is a TOY43.
Thanks a whole lot.

20180221_025907.jpg