Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Auris - Heater explained

diane

Hi, I am a new Auris Owner, formerly a Corolla fan. And am having difficulty working out how the heater works. How to get hot air into the car instead of Air Con.

I do have a manuel, but this is for several types of Auris - Mine is the Icon 1.33.

Can anyone help please?

Hello Diane - welcome to Toyota Owners Club.

As far as I'm aware the left hand dial should increase/decrease the temperature and thus the heat. Think your car should have automatic air conditioning, so when checking the manual look for the description for 'automatic air conditioning'.

The manual covers all the possible variations of the ventilation control types your car could possibly have, that said I suspect being a 1.33 i believe they only ever had single zone climare controls as per the picture.

Image result for 2013 auris heater control

Setting a temperature should be quite simple going from right to left:

Press the "Auto" button ( if off the AC will come on as regardless of temp using the AC will get the best results )

Then using the same dial rotate it to select a temperature, your desired temp will appear in the display then assuming you want heat the climate control will start blowing heat once the engine is up to temperature.

The next two buttons in are to select where the air in the cabin is coming from the arrow circling in the car is for internal only circulation, the arrow into the cat is for fresh in. When using the Auto function the climate control will select the best option to get to your desired temp as fast as possible, usually starting with the internal recirc' before switching to fresh air. **

Then "Fast/Soft" this sets how hard the Auto function works to get upto your desired temp e.g Fast will make the fans come on harder to achieve your temp and Slow will restrict the fan speed for a quieter cabin.

Then we have the air direction selector allowing you to choose where to direct the Air in Auto the car will move from position to position to keep the air fresh in the cabin.**

Then "front" this when selected will direct all the air flow to the front windows and bring the fan speed up overriding all the previous settings to demist/defrost the windscreen as fast as possible.**

Then we have the rear screen /side mirror heater switch.

The AC switch turns the AC compressor on/off it will come on when using the Auto button you can if you want turn it off but bear in mind in summer with it off the and trying to cool the cabin the car can only use the air at the ambient temp to cool and in winter it may be more difficult to demist the glass.

And finally the left dial manually controls the fan speed.**

** When using the Auto function to control the ventilation pressing any of these settings will turn off the auto control.

3 hours ago, diane said:

How to get hot air into the car instead of Air Con

You can also have hot air with air con on.  Great for demisting windows.

10 hours ago, diane said:

Hi, I am a new Auris Owner, formerly a Corolla fan. And am having difficulty working out how the heater works. How to get hot air into the car instead of Air Con.

I do have a manuel, but this is for several types of Auris - Mine is the Icon 1.33.

Can anyone help please?

Thanks to everyone for their input, and especially to Devon Aygo who detailed everything I needed to know. I shall be looking at that today. Diane