Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

05 Avensis Estate beeping! Help!

Fat Rat

Hi all.

Got a problem with my Avensis 1.8 estate 05.

It beeps a single beep. No real pattern. Beeps then a few minutes later beeps again.

when driving it stopped, but recently started doing it whilst driving and cutting the radio off. Then the radio comes back on. 

Has anyone had a similar problem or got any ideas what it may be?

thanks in advance.

Do you have sat nav?

What model is your car, and take a photo of the radio and the dashboard. 
Possible answers - the car has sat-nav but it is not working (will be well out of date), the car TA function is cutting in for some reason. If you recently took ownership of the car, there could be an aftermarket bluetooth device that you are not aware of.

Hi Konrad,

The car does not have sat nav fitted.

Model is T3X 1.8 Avensis estate. I have had the car for about 10 years. 

The car does have a phone system in that I have never used.

Also I did not mention, but it beeps when the ignition is off and the car is locked. 

Driving me nuts, as just beeps all the time!

• Confused 1

I reckon it's a bluetooth phone thing... friend was messing with the radio on New Yaris over the weekend and we had the **** scared out of us when a disembodied woman voice suddenly started interrupted whatever song was playing and started talking about "Setting up for pairing" at high volume. :eek:  (I mean, smeg, I've only had it for a couple months, I'm not ready for that kind of commitment! :unsure::laugh:)

She kept randomly interrupting the radio, saying things every few minutes, even after I tried turning the car off and on again, but  thankfully it seems to have gone away after I left it off overnight...

We still don't know what combination of buttons he pressed to summon that terrifying harpie but said friend has been banned from sitting in the front seat from now on...

I think you need a diagnostic check done. There must be a warning, though usually there is an indicator that illuminates. 
Possible warnings that could be the radio TA (traffic announcement), AF function (that should work seamlessly without beeps), door ajar warning (usually seen on the dash), bad wiring to the radio, and faulty radio.   

Think I will get the old phone system removed. See if that makes any difference.

will let you know how I get on.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all.

For those interested. Managed to sort. Pulled the fuse on the radio for a temporary fix. As it was draining the Battery. Found a good video on you tube which showed me how to remove the radio and climate control unit. Very handy as would have destroyed the dash with out it.

Found that the car phone was plug and play fitted. So removed connections from radio and original radio connections. Refitted original to radio. Left car phone connectors and control unit in dash as buried to far to retrieve without removing more centre consol.

Put back together. Fuse in and all working ok. 

No more beeping! 

Happy Days!

1 hour ago, Fat Rat said:

Hi all.

For those interested. Managed to sort. Pulled the fuse on the radio for a temporary fix. As it was draining the battery. Found a good video on you tube which showed me how to remove the radio and climate control unit. Very handy as would have destroyed the dash with out it.

Found that the car phone was plug and play fitted. So removed connections from radio and original radio connections. Refitted original to radio. Left car phone connectors and control unit in dash as buried to far to retrieve without removing more centre consol.

Put back together. Fuse in and all working ok. 

No more beeping! 

Happy Days!

From the what you said, you had something like a Parrot system plugged into your car. I had something similar in my old car,  and thinking about using it with my current car so second phone. Yes everything is plug and play. The fiddly bit is running the mic cable to the top of the windscreen. 
You could try and remove the remaining bits and sell the kit.

Konrad,

No point in wasting time removing as faulty.

Was the reason the car was beeping all the time.

It can stay in the car till it meets it's maker,

cheers for replies.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links