Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New member of the family

thom_jones

Hi all, wife has let me get a car I’ve wanted for a long time...celica 190 t sport. You would not believe the history that comes with this car...see pictures!

d2029f892f25d6a2b55ee089bd121c77.jpg

So the wife has a 207...which she wants to keep so not sure to do with old faithful (aka my Avensis), sorned her for now so thinking of selling her. Anyway here’s a family photo lol

48eac1370526182b1fb17af398d4582d.jpg

And some of the Celica...

e39f2138709fb709aa7715cbfc7c313a.jpg

4a5406ff539561328fc82d9d09a68538.jpeg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Now that's s damn fine looking Celica. Sell the Avensis. So boring in comparison, and the very very best of luck with ur new motor, absolutely class looking car. 

• Like 1

Nice one Thom. Always admired the Celica. I would love to have one, but now being more senior of years, I could probably get into one but getting out would be a major problem! 

• Like 1

Thom. What stereo does your car have, the Sony double din (as fitted in the Mk1 GLS pre facelift model) or Toyota unit. If you like your music, you can add USB/Bluetooth adapter via the rear socket of the Toyota. There is a Sony specific CD changer port on the Sony and I used a Connects2 iconnect USB connector. The iconnect is old and will be hard to get hold of, but the Toyota stereo is easier - it uses a socket that is either 7+5 or later 6+6 configuration. eBay sell adapters for this.

Have you made sure the VVT-L works properly?

Thom. What stereo does your car have, the Sony double din (as fitted in the Mk1 GLS pre facelift model) or Toyota unit. If you like your music, you can add USB/Bluetooth adapter via the rear socket of the Toyota. There is a Sony specific CD changer port on the Sony and I used a Connects2 iconnect USB connector. The iconnect is old and will be hard to get hold of, but the Toyota stereo is easier - it uses a socket that is either 7+5 or later 6+6 configuration. Ebay sell adapters for this.

Have you made sure the VVT-L works properly?

Hi Konrad it’s the Toyota unit so thanks for that, the stereo is a bit tinny compared to the avensis so might look at upgrading the Speakers.
The lift...oh yes it works very well indeed[emoji3][emoji3][emoji3]

• Thanks 1

Was reading through the history file and the chap who’d had it before me was doing an oil and filters change 4 times a year...regardless of mileage! I don’t think I’ve ever seen such a pampered car

• Like 1

6.5" two way Speakers are the way to go. I used JBL in my old Avensis and the sound was great. 

6.5" two way speakers are the way to go. I used JBL in my old Avensis and the sound was great. 

Thanks Konrad are they a straight replacement for the originals?

2 hours ago, thom_jones said:

Thanks Konrad are they a straight replacement for the originals?

It depends on how much modification is needed to mount the speaker. I have seen a this video - 

• Like 1

What I would do is remove the door cards and see how the speaker is mount and measure everything. There are speaker adapters available or you can make your own if needed. You may not need any adapters and fit the new Speakers directly. A lot of speaker companies supply all the measurements of the Speakers they sell, so you can compare your measurements.
When choosing Speakers, look at the efficiency too. Some speakers are louder than others, whilst you could have speakers that are not as loud. 
Everything has to fit behind the original door cards and grills, look stock and sound great. 
The other feature I have added to my old and current car is USB/Bluetooth adapter. I play my music via USB memory sticks, though I have a couple of CD's with MP3 in the car. My current has has the early Toyota bluetooth for voice only, so I added a Bluetooth/USB adapter for second phone and music streaming. If I was going to buy an adapter, I would buy a different model to the one I am currently using. I will list some.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Toyota-CELICA-MP3-SD-USB-CD-AUX-Input-Audio-Adapter-Digital-CD-Changer-Module-/141867858599

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Car-USB-SD-Aux-Adapter-MP3-Player-Radio-Interface-for-Toyota-Camry-Corolla-N7V2/182994230893?hash=item2a9b4e5e6d:g:fjwAAOSwXPNaRMzF

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Toyota-Avensis-USB-adapter-interface-CTATYUSB002-car-AUX-SD-input-MP3-3-5mm-jack/222731742845?epid=1923189084&hash=item33dbd8ae7d:g:25IAAOSwJkJWhSQM

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/USB-stick-Android-iPhone-adapter-kit-TOYOTA-YARIS-CAMRY-LANDCRUISER-HILUX-TOY/172164337576?hash=item2815cb4fa8:g:60sAAOSwl2haJuRB

I have this one, but not impressed with the bluetooth streaming, it plays in mono and is lower as a result - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Car-Bluetooth-handsfree-A2DP-CD-changer-adapter-Toyota-Avensis-Mark-X-2004-2009/111575425984?_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIM.MBE%26ao%3D2%26asc%3D49895%26meid%3D9cf969ee0af84868bd39246d6e0f8d08%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D6%26rkt%3D6%26sd%3D121645295891%26itm%3D111575425984&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851  

Your car should have the type 1 socket 6+6 pin.

Image result for Toyota Celica CD changer port

Anything connected via the CD changer port can be controlled via the steering controls (legal).

There is more options, but I refuse to use the FM transmitter style devices. They have inferior sound (even AUX is better) and cannot controlled via steering controls.
Lots of options.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links