Do Not Sell My Personal Information

15" wheels on a 2006 Corolla Verso

Versatile Roller

Hello!!

So, im thinking about buying some 15" alu wheels for my 2006 Corolla Verso 1.8 vvit. The stock wheels are 16" with 205/55 tires. The main reason of thinking about going down an inch is ride comfort. I would go with 205/65 tires, which in the end would be just 2.5% bigger than the original tires. Love the car, but it's just a little bit rough on these tires. Anyone know if the smaller 15" wheel would fit without a problem, considering the brakes? I dont really know how much would i gain with the 65 sidewall tires on this car. Any similar experiences? 

• 2 months later...

I have also wondered how to improve the harsh crashing ride in our 2007 1.8 vvti on 16" wheels.  Tried various tyre brands over the years and different pressures and not noticed any real improvement.  I guess at 160,000 miles the bushes? and suspension are a bit shot which won't help.  Probably not worth changing now as I will maybe change car within the next 12 months.

Would be interested if you can change to 15" wheels though.  What about insurance , would you have to tell them?

• 10 months later...

I agree with the hard ride. Have had my Corolla Verso since 4 years/40k miles, now 120k miles, ride has almost always been bit hard always on Dunlop tyres. Now changed to Firestone tyres, quieter and ride better.

On 4/24/2018 at 10:05 PM, spog1 said:

Would be interested if you can change to 15" wheels though.  What about insurance , would you have to tell them?

Yes, as it is a change to the spec of the car. Would also need to see what effect the change in wheel/tyre combination has on the speedometer - there are websites one can use to calculate the effect. For example in the UK it is illegal for a speedometer to under read (ie. show less than the true speed), and over reading should be within 10% of the true speed.