Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Semi auto gearbox problem

Bigred247

Hi,

I have a Toyota Aygo 1L petrol semi auto and am experiencing an issue with my gearbox. As I drive the car along the road it frequently switches from regular drive mode 'E' to N (neutral) by itself and brings the car to halt. This is causing me all sorts of issues and only after switching the ignition off and removing the keys for about 20 seconds does it sometimes fix the problem. However, it is now becoming unbearable and too frequent. This has been going on for a few months so I don't think it's the actual gearbox but feel it is related to a software glitch or something? Has anybody else had a similar problem?'can you please advise a fix? 

how old is the Aygo? This is a fault that has occurred with older models.

This is a very very common issue when the actuator wears out, be it on Aygo and Yaris.

It is going to cost you if you want to replace it.

• 5 years later...

Only Toyota dealer can eventually help. Best to trade it in for another car and stay away from mmt ( automated manual transmission or dsg) . These are nothing but trouble. Toyota hybrids has the best automatic transmission from all cars in the world, get one of these or cvt Toyota Aygo 2022-> 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links