Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Car, Low MPG

Mr hybrid

Hi Brothers and Sisters

As I have mentioned I have bought a new Auris Hybrid, my question is I'm currently achieving 53mpg, can I expect that to improve over time?

Thank you

Phil

My Auris Hybrid is a 2016, and on a motorway at a steady(ish) 70 mph, I’m getting 63+ mpg. Normal roads I get 55+ mpg. My current mileage is 1900, so the engine is broken in, as yours is new everything will be tight. Give it a while and your consumption will improve. Of course it does depend on the ‘weight’ of your right foot.

• Like 1

As it is cold you won’t get the best mpg from hybrid until the weather warms up

Yes that's about what you can expect I have had my auris icon+ Hybrid for 3 years the best I achieved in the summer months was 74.6 and that was driving it very very light footed, it is virtually impossible to achieve Toyota's figures and I have never achieved any motor manufacturer's official mpg and I have owned a fair few cars over the years.

motor manufacturers achieve these figures usually on a rolling road and are allowed to disconnect ancillaries such as air con and anything else that saps the power.

It does depend somewhat on your driving style and road type (Urban? Country? A-Roads? Motorway? etc.), but it should get better as the engine wears in, and especially as the weather warms up. Winter has quite a big effect on diesel and hybrid mpg, esp. if they're not being taken on longer journeys!

BTW I love your dog-head-hat! :laugh:

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Rosgoe said:

Yes that's about what you can expect I have had my auris icon+ Hybrid for 3 years the best I achieved in the summer months was 74.6 and that was driving it very very light footed, it is virtually impossible to achieve Toyota's figures and I have never achieved any motor manufacturer's official mpg and I have owned a fair few cars over the years.

motor manufacturers achieve these figures usually on a rolling road and are allowed to disconnect ancillaries such as air con and anything else that saps the power.

You will never get the ‘official’ figures. They are got from a car tethered on a rolling road in a sealed room. No wind, whether cross, head or tail. No hills, no uneven surfaces etc etc.

• Thanks 1

The only car I've owned that matched or exceeded the manufacturer's MPG rating has been my dearly departed Mk1 Yaris D4D :crybaby:

• Like 1

Can't have less than 46 MPG on a Auris Touring sport at 50 mph. And 38 mpg on highway....

Yours 60+ mpg makes dream :(.